Photo
- - - - -

How-to Enable DVD Player While Driving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 NNatic

NNatic

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban with navigation and the factory rear DVD player. When you place the car in drive, it disables the DVD player from playing on the screen up front.

What do I need to do to bypass this. I would like the DVD to play regardless of whether or not i am in gear.

Thanks for all of your help!!

#2 BurbanZ71

BurbanZ71

Enthusiast

• 118 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

I think this is a safety issue - don't want the driver distracted by a video on the NAV screen.
05 Z71 Burb Mods and stuff
~ 50W fogs - Sylv 885
~ AEM Intake
~ Magnaflow Catback
~ Blackbear Tune

02 Tahoe LS - sold to a friend October 2005

Ken_Z71-05 on Yahoo!

#3 NNatic

NNatic

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

I think this is a safety issue - don't want the driver distracted by a video on the NAV screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i realize this but i found the answer

http://www.coastalet...gmlockpick3.htm

#4 jjrho

jjrho

Enthusiast

• 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

great unit; i installed mine; works like charm...

i have another similar unlock unit from g-net /canadian company, which doesn't allow volume change once unlocked; but works otherwise well.....if anyone's interested....

jim R

#5 cwkoch

cwkoch

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:42 PM

I've heard there is some code you can type in to enable the DVD while driving.... a closely gaurded GM secret..... does anyone know it???

#6 Kania2k1

Kania2k1

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,221 posts
  • Drives:2001 Silverado Z71

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:36 AM

I have seen a relay, or dummy switch, you can get on eBay that works with aftermarket dash mounted DVD players. I was thinking of getting it, and hooking up the PS2 to it, so the girlfriend has something to do while we drive long distances. It's about $50, but with the fine for reckless driving, I think it works out to about an even $300. So, I don't think I'm going to make that purchase.

2001 Ext. Cab. 4dr Z-71 Silverado Black trim painted to match. Escalade passenger door handles, billet grill & bowtie, Custom all stainless dual-out-the-back exhaust, Sportsmaster tonneau, Hi-4 Headlight kit, Alpine IVA-D100 in-dash DVD player/monitor, Alpine Type-R 6 1/2" Front Components, Westers 93 tune, K&N 77 series air filter, Northern Tool under rail tool box
http://community.web...m/user/kania2k1
!!GO BIG ORANGE!! !!GO BOILERS!! Shift_ignorance

Advertise Here