How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

the company i work for has 4 hd's with the 6.0. the 2001 has 110,000 the 03 has 105,000 and the others have less the 20,000. all the trucks have 18' and 20' trailers attached everyday and had no problems whatsoever. my ss handles 600 horse on stock bottom end no problem. it's a great engine.

2002 2500 hd 250,000 km.Only trouble is a cold start stall after she sits overnight in the cold,beat my head silly trying to figure it out! Anybody else???

Could be the intake gasket like mine. If the engine was cold, the truck would feel like it was running on about 3 cylinders and sometimes stall until it got warmed up a little. After that it ran fine. Just an idea.

98K on my 01 2500HD. I'm the second owner, the first was my grandpa and he had it for 94K of those miles.. So far everything works good (except the d**n fuel gauge), I'm not too worried about the engine, I hear more about tranny's going bad, so thats what I'm watching out for. It knocks a little bit (not very bad at all) when cold, and uses 1/2 a quart at every oil change. When I got it I changed the oil right away at 5000, and I just recently changed it at 3000, and it burnt 1/2 a quart both times... I really want to get rid of the TM, but I'm worried about the tranny, and I need this truck to last me at least another 4 or 5 years, unless I want to buy my dads dmax in 2 years with 240K on it.....

I have an '01 GMC 2500HD 6.0L with the 5-speed and had it towed at 1900 miles to replace a ruptured oil line inside the radiator, a slave cylinder at 122K (probably my fault), a master cylinder at 8?K, now has 141,3?? and runs like a clock. It knocks a little before warming up but has done it since about 15K if I had to guess. Best truck I've ever owned!

This is my first post on this website, looks like I'll be on here for some time to come.

2002 2500 hd 250,000 km.Only trouble is a cold start stall after she sits overnight in the cold,beat my head silly trying to figure it out! Anybody else???

Could be the intake gasket like mine. If the engine was cold, the truck would feel like it was running on about 3 cylinders and sometimes stall until it got warmed up a little. After that it ran fine. Just an idea.

Ok I thought about that but why would plugging in my block heater make it better?? Thanks J

Ok I thought about that but why would plugging in my block heater make it better?? Thanks J

You lost me. I didn't think I mentioned anything about a block heater. :rolleyes: My truck ran like crap after sitting out overnight and I was just saying that after driving it awhile and getting the engine up to temperature, it ran fine. Replacing the intake gasket cured it. :banghead:

The #2 cam bearing spun and chewed up the block at 55,000 miles on my 2004 2500 Crew Cab 4x4.

These 6.0L look impressive. Except for mine. No one panic because I believe and everyone that I have spoke with in the past week believes that this a rare unseen before issue.

I contacted GM and voiced my complaint about the spun cam bearing on my 55k mile Silverado on Jan 18th and today I received a call from GM .

I am considering myself fortunate that we had come up with a resolution that I can be happy with. Considering all variables that were involved with this entire situation they are going to discard the $863 that I owe them and Pay 50% of the total cost of a new complete GM engine and installation.

My truck was beyond the warranty period (19k past warranty), I am the second owner of this truck, I did not purchase this truck from a GM dealership and I have no proof except for my word that this truck was maintained properly so I am happy that GM and Dan Hemms Sidney, Ohio was able to determine that this annomally was rare and was not caused by myself or the previous owner of this truck and they were going to stand behind their product. Thanks for putting confidence in GM products back into this consumer!

Thanks Charlie and Donna for being professional during this process.

If you view the "Silverado Low Oil Pressure" post in the full size light duty board you can follow this whole process on this issue that I just dealt with.

I bought my 2005 2500HD 6.0l auto at Dan Hemm. I can't say enough good things about them. Tom sold it to me, but everyone was very professional. 27k, no problems at all.