cup holder

Would anyone know what year the sierra came out with the cup holder that flips down from the centre of the dash?

My 01 has a panel that is fixed. I would like to replace that with the cup holder option. I've seen the holder in a few models but I'm not sure what year they came in.

Any information would be great Thanks

Would anyone know what year the sierra came out with the cup holder that flips down from the centre of the dash?

My 01 has a panel that is fixed. I would like to replace that with the cup holder option. I've seen the holder in a few models but I'm not sure what year they came in.

Sorry, but I think what you're looking for was only built for 88 thru 94 trucks...I added one to my 88 GMC

I think the 99 and 2000 silverado and sierra have the fold down cup holders. Unless it has the manual trans. In 01, all of them went to the fixed panel. I have a 2000 silverado with the fold down cup holder, I want the fixed panel instead.

I wouldn't recommend the fold-down cup holder. I have one on my '99, and it's not very strong. My 3 year old niece bent it once, and now I have to be careful that drinks don't fall over! I tried to straighten it, but it's still not right. I'd rather have the fixed cup holder.

I have the fold down cup holder in my 00 and i wouldnt recommend it. the bigger drinks you get from fast food places put a lot of strain on it and mine rattles now, and if there is one thing i hate in cars it has to be rattles :rolleyes:

well I have one that I got from the dealer and I love it. It is in a 02 silverado. I use it for everything from a cell phone to whatever and wouldnt go without it. When I went to the dealer I had to order it under a 01 silverado.

I think you want cup holder w/o center console part number 1999 - 2001 - 15753266 listed at $61.95. I had been looking into this, but never did it. I got a quote from one of the one line vendors who pointed out that part number is the default color - graphite. It is page number 1315 from the extracted sheets I have.

I took this information from somewhere on line - someone had posted 20/30 pages of good GM parts books, you know the pictures with all the assembly part numbers. Probably a few years old by now, I can't promise numbers haven't changed. Going to the dealer and asking about this for 2002 didn't get any results, so the comment above about looking for 2001 seems right to me. And the sheets I have state 1999-2003, the part number I listed from 1999-2001.

Hope this gets you on the right track.

Mike

I assume you are talking about the holder that comes out of below the radio. My 99 Silverado NBS has the fold down cup holder. I love the location of it. Strength has never beed a problem for me. It hold a Sonic 44oz drink no problem. It does bounces soem but not enough to throw your drink on the floor. My biggest complaint is the size of the cup holders. They are huge. They can hold a large insulated coffe cup very well but they can't hold a normal size fast food drink worth a crap. When you put the drink in the holder there is a 1/2in gap all around the cup. They have a rubber filler that tried to take up the extra space but fails. The drinks become too top heavy and tend to fall out. I drive with my arm resting on the center arm rest and usually have one finger on my coffee to make sure it stays put. I have had it fall over about 10 times.

well I have one that I got from the dealer and I love it. It is in a 02 silverado. I use it for everything from a cell phone to whatever and wouldnt go without it. When I went to the dealer I had to order it under a 01 silverado.

I agree! I have one in my 00 Sierra and it has proven valuable at holding my cellphone, wallet, or just about anything else I needed it to. It does rattle a little now, but I have off road tires and they make noise too. I can live with it. :banghead:

HI Guys Sorry for not getting back to anyone sooner,just too busy.

Thanks for all your replys.

I realize that there was going to be some pros and cons. By not haveing one to begin with and in need of something more convient then nothing at all. I can live with a little rattle.

Main use would be to hold cell and yes my wallet as well. I'm still going to use the floor mount cup holder, for the heavy beverages.

Thanks again guys. Great game eh! Take care to all Ward :shakehead:

Archived