??? OEM Shocks for 1999 Tahoe 4x4

What is the right part number for OEM Shocks for 1999 Tahoe 4x4 with comfort and security package. Catalog says truck has 46mm Bilstein shockabsorbers.

On Bilstein's wesite there are two options however: C and HD.

Bilstein Partnumbers:

C: front F4-BE5-2412-HO rear F4-BE5-2413-HO

HD: front F4-B46-2040-HO rear F4-B46-2179-HO

I want to get the OEM shocks.

I called Bilstein they said to go with C. But to make a long story short, they did not sound too convincing.

The driverside front shockabsorber on my truck has the following numbers on it:

15 15 29 44

98359 2412W000

I would say go with the C's. A friend of mine has a 99 Tahoe and put the HD's on. Thing rides stiff as hell, nothing like it used to. Rides more like a 3/4 ton now. Very sharp/quick jolts. If you want a stiffer ride, go witht he HD's, if you want a stock ride, go with the C's. Hope this helps.

I would say go with the C's. A friend of mine has a 99 Tahoe and put the HD's on. Thing rides stiff as hell, nothing like it used to. Rides more like a 3/4 ton now. Very sharp/quick jolts. If you want a stiffer ride, go witht he HD's, if you want a stock ride, go with the C's. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. A stiff 3/4 ton like ride is exactly what I don't want. I just wanted to make sure C is not going to be too soft. But accordingly to what you say C is the OEM setting which is going to be just right. Thank you again. :flag:

Archived