po332 code...finally

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Big Jay

Big Jay

Enthusiast

• 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hello 2002 2500hd 6.0l.truck has been stalling when cold as you were helping diagnose,finally code TCI-PO332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2 came up.Does this indicate a bad sensor or??? Where is this sensor located? Truck still stalls on cold start!probably changing the intake mainifold gasket not a bad idea as you suggested it could be the trouble,checked just about everything else..

Thank you very much

:banghead:

#2 Norseman

Norseman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,382 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

PM me your E-mail address and I'll send ya the TSB for this.
PLEASE BUY FROM AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON THEM.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. -- G. K. Chesterton

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being"
-- Kahlil Gibran

God Bless Our American Service Men That Do Just That!!

If the Malibu had a Toyota badge the toy-sheeple would hump it in a parking lot.

#3 Big Jay

Big Jay

Enthusiast

• 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

PM me your E-mail address and I'll send ya the TSB for this.

I sent you a message!

#4 BOBCAT5544

BOBCAT5544

Enthusiast

• 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

Document ID# 893793
2002 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Audible Spark Knock (Detonation), MIL Illuminated, DTC P0332 Set (Replace Rear Bank Knock Sensor and RTV Area Around Sensor) #02-06-04-023A - (06/14/2002)

Models: 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette
1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird
with 5.7L Engine (VIN G -- RPO LS1)
1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2002 Chevrolet Avalance
1999-2002 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2002 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT
with 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L Engine (VINs V, T, Z, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM7, L59, LQ9, LQ4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This bulletin is being revised to add Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade EXT to the Models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-023 (Section 6 -- Engine/Propulsion System).
Condition
Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause
This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction
Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor. Use the procedure and part number listed below.

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Remove the wiring harness assembly from the knock sensor.

Remove the rear bank knock sensor.
Install the new rear bank knock sensor.
Tighten
Tighten the knock sensor to 20 Nm(15 lb ft).

Install the wiring harness assembly to the knock sensor.

Apply a bead of RTV silicone sealant approximately 9 mm (3/8 in) wide and 6 mm (1/4 in) high along the outside edge of the ridge on the engine block valley cover around the rear bank knock sensor. DO NOT form a complete circle. Leave the rear section open as shown.
From the underside of the intake manifold, completely remove the rear intake manifold seal (foam material).
Install the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Parts Information
Part Number 10456603 Sensor, Knock
Automotive Back Ground ASE Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Advance Master Engine Proformance, GM Certified Advance Master Electronics and Programing

Posted Image
2002 Silverado 2500hd 496 8.1L 4x4 Custom fit Magna Charger and Costum tune done my self, 5 speed Allison 1000 stage 4 ATS Billet Transmission with ATS CoPilot Electronic Transmission Controller, 3 inch lift. Super Swamper LTB Tires 33 x 13.50 on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Rims 16x10, Westin wheel to wheel step bars and brush guard, double roll single kicker roll bars. 4 kc lights on brush guard and 8 kc lights on the roll bar

Posted Image
1978 VETTE With ZZ383 Crate Engine, Weiland 6-71 Blower, 2 Holley 750 Carbs, 9 Ford 40 Spline, Strange Spool, 40 Spline Axels, Gun Drilled, Strange Alum Center Section, Big Pinion, 4.11 Richmond Pro Gear

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ME
JONESY'S MYSPACE PAGE

#5 Norseman

Norseman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,382 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

Document ID# 893793
Subject: Audible Spark Knock (Detonation), MIL Illuminated, DTC P0332 Set (Replace Rear Bank Knock Sensor and RTV Area Around Sensor) #02-06-04-023A - (06/14/2002)

2002 Chevrolet Avalance
with 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L Engine (VINs V, T, Z, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM7, L59, LQ9, LQ4)
This bulletin is being revised to add Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade EXT to the Models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-023 (Section 6 -- Engine/Propulsion System).
Condition
Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause
This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction
Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor. Use the procedure and part number listed below.

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Tighten

Apply a bead of RTV silicone sealant approximately 9 mm (3/8 in) wide and 6 mm (1/4 in) high along the outside edge of the ridge on the engine block valley cover around the rear bank knock sensor. DO NOT form a complete circle. Leave the rear section open as shown.
From the underside of the intake manifold, completely remove the rear intake manifold seal (foam material).
Install the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Parts Information

Matt, you're a good man! :banghead:

Edited by Norseman, 01 February 2007 - 11:59 AM.

PLEASE BUY FROM AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON THEM.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. -- G. K. Chesterton

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being"
-- Kahlil Gibran

God Bless Our American Service Men That Do Just That!!

If the Malibu had a Toyota badge the toy-sheeple would hump it in a parking lot.

#6 BOBCAT5544

BOBCAT5544

Enthusiast

• 913 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:07 PM

Document ID# 893793

2002 Chevrolet Avalance
Condition

Cause

Correction

Tighten

Parts Information

Matt, you're a good man! :banghead:

It makes it easy when I have full access to gm service and parts operations
Automotive Back Ground ASE Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Master Tech, GM Certified Advance Master Engine Proformance, GM Certified Advance Master Electronics and Programing

Posted Image
2002 Silverado 2500hd 496 8.1L 4x4 Custom fit Magna Charger and Costum tune done my self, 5 speed Allison 1000 stage 4 ATS Billet Transmission with ATS CoPilot Electronic Transmission Controller, 3 inch lift. Super Swamper LTB Tires 33 x 13.50 on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Rims 16x10, Westin wheel to wheel step bars and brush guard, double roll single kicker roll bars. 4 kc lights on brush guard and 8 kc lights on the roll bar

Posted Image
1978 VETTE With ZZ383 Crate Engine, Weiland 6-71 Blower, 2 Holley 750 Carbs, 9 Ford 40 Spline, Strange Spool, 40 Spline Axels, Gun Drilled, Strange Alum Center Section, Big Pinion, 4.11 Richmond Pro Gear

CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ME
JONESY'S MYSPACE PAGE

#7 Roach182

Roach182

Enthusiast

• 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

To test the knock sensors use an ohm meter, there is a plug on the top of the motor, rear drivers side, it is under the plastic cap (for lack of a better word), it has two wires in it, the wires on the rear side of the plug go to the back of the motor and then under the intake manifold to the knock sensors. Unplug the wire and measure towards to knock sensors with an ohmmeter, there should be approximately 100k ohms to ground on each one (not sure but I think 95k-105k is acceptable). I had the same problem, and thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544 emailing me the info I needed my brother and I did the job in two hours. Part of the knock sensor job requires that the intake manifold gaskets must be replaced, so this will determine if your cold stalls were your gaskets. I still have the emails that Norseman and bobcat5544 sent with the manifold torque order and specifications as well as a picture of how the RTV silicone dam is to be made. If you plan on doing the job yourself I can email the info to you.

Once again thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544.

#8 JMZ71

JMZ71

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

To test the knock sensors use an ohm meter, there is a plug on the top of the motor, rear drivers side, it is under the plastic cap (for lack of a better word), it has two wires in it, the wires on the rear side of the plug go to the back of the motor and then under the intake manifold to the knock sensors. Unplug the wire and measure towards to knock sensors with an ohmmeter, there should be approximately 100k ohms to ground on each one (not sure but I think 95k-105k is acceptable). I had the same problem, and thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544 emailing me the info I needed my brother and I did the job in two hours. Part of the knock sensor job requires that the intake manifold gaskets must be replaced, so this will determine if your cold stalls were your gaskets. I still have the emails that Norseman and bobcat5544 sent with the manifold torque order and specifications as well as a picture of how the RTV silicone dam is to be made. If you plan on doing the job yourself I can email the info to you.

Hi Roach182,

Do you mind sending me the the info Noseman and bobcat5544 sent you about repalcing the knock sensor? I got the same error on my 2003 Tahoe. I will certainly appreciate it.

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

#9 mobyms2

mobyms2

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

Hi Roach182,

Do you mind sending me the the info Noseman and bobcat5544 sent you about repalcing the knock sensor? I got the same error on my 2003 Tahoe. I will certainly appreciate it.

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Can someone send me the info that was sent here about replacing the knock sensor. Preferably with the pics showing location. Same code was thrown by my 03 Yukon. Much appreciated.

My advance thanks to those who help,

Mike

#10 txab

txab

Your worst fWONking nightmare

• 8,949 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi Roach182,

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Can someone send me the info that was sent here about replacing the knock sensor. Preferably with the pics showing location. Same code was thrown by my 03 Yukon. Much appreciated.

Mike

Welcome!

There is at least 1 thread that covers the replacement of these and it has pics.

Search is your friend.....

knock sensor

Edited by txab, 28 April 2009 - 01:40 PM.

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

bbp.pngsynad.pngAdamslogo3_zpsc74f7e65.png

#11 mobyms2

mobyms2

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Hi Roach182,

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Mike

Welcome!

There is at least 1 thread that covers the replacement of these and it has pics.

Search is your friend.....

knock sensor

VERY cool of ya! THANKS!

#12 electrix47

electrix47

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

If you could E-mail me the information I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks,

[email protected]

#13 CDVBMX304

CDVBMX304

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:42 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I'm here because of the knock sensor P0332 code. I need to get those torque sequence diagrams and any other vital information to do the job right. Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

My email is [email protected]

Sorry for the double post.

my rig 02' Silverado 2500HD 6.0L

Edited by CDVBMX304, 31 May 2010 - 01:48 AM.

#14 CDVBMX304

CDVBMX304

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum. I'm here because of the knock sensor P0332 code. I need to get those torque sequence diagrams and any other vitaql information to do the job right. Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

my rig 02' Silverado 2500HD 6.0L

#15 CDVBMX304

CDVBMX304

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hi guys if anyone is looking for the info about the 2500hd intake, the post number is 908116, bye the good man of norseman.

I have to pdf file now, so pm me if you can't find, i'll send to you as quick as i can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users