po332 code...finally

Big Jay

Question

Hello 2002 2500hd 6.0l.truck has been stalling when cold as you were helping diagnose,finally code TCI-PO332 knock sensor 2 circuit low bank 2 came up.Does this indicate a bad sensor or??? Where is this sensor located? Truck still stalls on cold start!probably changing the intake mainifold gasket not a bad idea as you suggested it could be the trouble,checked just about everything else..

Thank you very much

:banghead:

0 answers to this question

To test the knock sensors use an ohm meter, there is a plug on the top of the motor, rear drivers side, it is under the plastic cap (for lack of a better word), it has two wires in it, the wires on the rear side of the plug go to the back of the motor and then under the intake manifold to the knock sensors. Unplug the wire and measure towards to knock sensors with an ohmmeter, there should be approximately 100k ohms to ground on each one (not sure but I think 95k-105k is acceptable). I had the same problem, and thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544 emailing me the info I needed my brother and I did the job in two hours. Part of the knock sensor job requires that the intake manifold gaskets must be replaced, so this will determine if your cold stalls were your gaskets. I still have the emails that Norseman and bobcat5544 sent with the manifold torque order and specifications as well as a picture of how the RTV silicone dam is to be made. If you plan on doing the job yourself I can email the info to you.

Once again thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544.

Hi Roach182,

Do you mind sending me the the info Noseman and bobcat5544 sent you about repalcing the knock sensor? I got the same error on my 2003 Tahoe. I will certainly appreciate it.

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Can someone send me the info that was sent here about replacing the knock sensor. Preferably with the pics showing location. Same code was thrown by my 03 Yukon. Much appreciated.

My advance thanks to those who help,

Mike

Welcome!

There is at least 1 thread that covers the replacement of these and it has pics.

Search is your friend.....

knock sensor

VERY cool of ya! THANKS!

To test the knock sensors use an ohm meter, there is a plug on the top of the motor, rear drivers side, it is under the plastic cap (for lack of a better word), it has two wires in it, the wires on the rear side of the plug go to the back of the motor and then under the intake manifold to the knock sensors. Unplug the wire and measure towards to knock sensors with an ohmmeter, there should be approximately 100k ohms to ground on each one (not sure but I think 95k-105k is acceptable). I had the same problem, and thanks to Norseman and bobcat5544 emailing me the info I needed my brother and I did the job in two hours. Part of the knock sensor job requires that the intake manifold gaskets must be replaced, so this will determine if your cold stalls were your gaskets. I still have the emails that Norseman and bobcat5544 sent with the manifold torque order and specifications as well as a picture of how the RTV silicone dam is to be made. If you plan on doing the job yourself I can email the info to you.

Hi Roach182,

Do you mind sending me the the info Noseman and bobcat5544 sent you about repalcing the knock sensor? I got the same error on my 2003 Tahoe. I will certainly appreciate it.

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Can someone send me the info that was sent here about replacing the knock sensor. Preferably with the pics showing location. Same code was thrown by my 03 Yukon. Much appreciated.

Mike

Welcome!

There is at least 1 thread that covers the replacement of these and it has pics.

Search is your friend.....

knock sensor

Document ID# 893793

2002 Chevrolet Chevy K Silverado - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Audible Spark Knock (Detonation), MIL Illuminated, DTC P0332 Set (Replace Rear Bank Knock Sensor and RTV Area Around Sensor) #02-06-04-023A - (06/14/2002)

Models: 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette

1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird

with 5.7L Engine (VIN G -- RPO LS1)

1999-2002 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2002 Chevrolet Avalance

1999-2002 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2002 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

with 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L Engine (VINs V, T, Z, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM7, L59, LQ9, LQ4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade EXT to the Models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-023 (Section 6 -- Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause

This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction

Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor. Use the procedure and part number listed below.

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Remove the wiring harness assembly from the knock sensor.

Remove the rear bank knock sensor.

Install the new rear bank knock sensor.

Tighten

Tighten the knock sensor to 20 N·m(15 lb ft).

Install the wiring harness assembly to the knock sensor.

Apply a bead of RTV silicone sealant approximately 9 mm (3/8 in) wide and 6 mm (1/4 in) high along the outside edge of the ridge on the engine block valley cover around the rear bank knock sensor. DO NOT form a complete circle. Leave the rear section open as shown.

From the underside of the intake manifold, completely remove the rear intake manifold seal (foam material).

Install the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Parts Information

Part Number 10456603 Sensor, Knock

Document ID# 893793

Subject: Audible Spark Knock (Detonation), MIL Illuminated, DTC P0332 Set (Replace Rear Bank Knock Sensor and RTV Area Around Sensor) #02-06-04-023A - (06/14/2002)

2002 Chevrolet Avalance

with 4.8L, 5.3L or 6.0L Engine (VINs V, T, Z, N, U -- RPOs LR4, LM7, L59, LQ9, LQ4)

This bulletin is being revised to add Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade EXT to the Models. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-023 (Section 6 -- Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause

This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction

Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor. Use the procedure and part number listed below.

Remove the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Tighten

Apply a bead of RTV silicone sealant approximately 9 mm (3/8 in) wide and 6 mm (1/4 in) high along the outside edge of the ridge on the engine block valley cover around the rear bank knock sensor. DO NOT form a complete circle. Leave the rear section open as shown.

From the underside of the intake manifold, completely remove the rear intake manifold seal (foam material).

Install the intake manifold. Refer to the Intake Manifold Replacement procedure in the Engine Controls sub-section of the appropriate Service Manual.

Parts Information

Matt, you're a good man! :banghead:

Hi Roach182,

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Document ID# 893793

2002 Chevrolet Avalance

Condition

Cause

Correction

Tighten

Parts Information

Matt, you're a good man! :banghead:

It makes it easy when I have full access to gm service and parts operations

Hi Roach182,

Thanks in advnaced,

JMZ71.

Mike

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I'm here because of the knock sensor P0332 code. I need to get those torque sequence diagrams and any other vital information to do the job right. Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

My email is [email protected]

Sorry for the double post.

my rig 02' Silverado 2500HD 6.0L

Archived