Photo
- - - - -

100,000 Mile Tune-up Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 97whitez71

97whitez71

Enthusiast

• 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:58 PM

Other than plugs, wires, transmission fluid/filter and maybe PCV valve, what else should be changed at 100,000? Thanks.

'10 2500HD 4x4 CC 6.0

'01 C1500 Suburban

1960 4x4 Willys Wagon

#2 GeoHawk

GeoHawk

Enthusiast

• 410 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

Fuel filter if it hasn't been changed recently.
Posted Image

'07 Silverado 1500 CC 4x4 LTZ NHT (L76 6.0L, 4.10s) Victory Red/Ebony - 80K miles
'08 GMC Acadia FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver/Brick

#3 ATMINF

ATMINF

Enthusiast

• 762 posts
  • Drives:2006, 2500HD 2wd, 6.0L gasser

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

Don't forget the air filter, fuel filter, and look real hard at all the rubber hoses(all of them to include to smaller "funky-coolent return/overflow,vacuum etc" ones. Its not bad idea to change them out with that many miles on them. This also depends on how many years you have, but the way I look at it, what is a couple bucks for new hoses($150-$250 guessing) vs having a hose blow-out and overheating the motor and then the cost to get a tow truck and the hassle... Just my two cents.
2006 3/4 extended Cab 6.0 2wd Silverado

#4 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

Of course if you do the hoses, flush and refill the system along with new belts. I would also recommend Oxy sensors. Many people will leave them in until they set a code but the high end shops that we do business with include this with their tune ups depending on the vehicle's mileage. You may also want to change the diff gear oil and the Power Steering fluid as well.
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!

#5 97whitez71

97whitez71

Enthusiast

• 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

Thanks. Those are good ideas. This is the wife's truck and kid hauler. Would rather spend a little now to save some later and have the peace of mind. Thanks. With these newer trucks not having a cap and rotor to change, what has to be done with what's taken its place? Anything? Thanks again.

'10 2500HD 4x4 CC 6.0

'01 C1500 Suburban

1960 4x4 Willys Wagon

#6 GeoHawk

GeoHawk

Enthusiast

• 410 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

...With these newer trucks not having a cap and rotor to change, what has to be done with what's taken its place? Anything? Thanks again.

Basically, just what you already have covered....like plugs. When I did my 100K service, I changed the plugs but didn't ever bother replacing the wires, but my truck is also a couple years newer than yours. My plug wires were fine. No timing adjustments are needed, since everything is computer controlled and the coil packs don't need any service unless one goes bad (and you would know if that happens :shakehead: ) You might also check your owners manual and see what the coolant service interval is.
Posted Image

'07 Silverado 1500 CC 4x4 LTZ NHT (L76 6.0L, 4.10s) Victory Red/Ebony - 80K miles
'08 GMC Acadia FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver/Brick

#7 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

The reason you will see so many recommendations to replace the wires is that they typically come apart when changing the plugs or at best, they will be damaged when taking them off the plugs. The worst part is that you cannot always see the damage that has taken place.
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!