100,000 Mile Tune-up Question

Don't forget the air filter, fuel filter, and look real hard at all the rubber hoses(all of them to include to smaller "funky-coolent return/overflow,vacuum etc" ones. Its not bad idea to change them out with that many miles on them. This also depends on how many years you have, but the way I look at it, what is a couple bucks for new hoses($150-$250 guessing) vs having a hose blow-out and overheating the motor and then the cost to get a tow truck and the hassle... Just my two cents.

Of course if you do the hoses, flush and refill the system along with new belts. I would also recommend Oxy sensors. Many people will leave them in until they set a code but the high end shops that we do business with include this with their tune ups depending on the vehicle's mileage. You may also want to change the diff gear oil and the Power Steering fluid as well.

Thanks. Those are good ideas. This is the wife's truck and kid hauler. Would rather spend a little now to save some later and have the peace of mind. Thanks. With these newer trucks not having a cap and rotor to change, what has to be done with what's taken its place? Anything? Thanks again.

...With these newer trucks not having a cap and rotor to change, what has to be done with what's taken its place? Anything? Thanks again.

Basically, just what you already have covered....like plugs. When I did my 100K service, I changed the plugs but didn't ever bother replacing the wires, but my truck is also a couple years newer than yours. My plug wires were fine. No timing adjustments are needed, since everything is computer controlled and the coil packs don't need any service unless one goes bad (and you would know if that happens :shakehead: ) You might also check your owners manual and see what the coolant service interval is.

The reason you will see so many recommendations to replace the wires is that they typically come apart when changing the plugs or at best, they will be damaged when taking them off the plugs. The worst part is that you cannot always see the damage that has taken place.

Archived