Photo
- - - - -

GM Interior Trim PAINT???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 JeepTherapy

JeepTherapy

Enthusiast

• 136 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

I'm doing some custom work & need to match the Plastic Interior Trim pieces of my 2005 GMC Sierra. My RPO codes say I have "69I - DARK PEWTER INTERIOR TRIM "

Does GM have little spray cans of this stuff somewhere, and if so, how do I get a correct part number for this color?

Thanks

Jeff Layton
Jeff Layton
Austin, TX

#2 clm7214

clm7214

Enthusiast

• 236 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:42 AM

I Just painted my dash. I got the paint from Summit. VHT makes really good factory matched paint. Be sure to prep the surface and use an adhesion promoter.
Black 09 Sierra 2500HD Duramax, CCSB, SLT, 4x4. Every option except sunroof.

04 2500HD 6.0 152,000mi (SOLD)

#3 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

If you have a paint specialty supplier in your market they will have several options in stock. I personally like SEM brand. I painted my gauge pod for my A pillar and it covered and matched perfectly.
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!

#4 JeepTherapy

JeepTherapy

Enthusiast

• 136 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:51 PM

What information did you use to match the color? I know where to get both, but there's no "color code" listed for the interiors...

If you have a paint specialty supplier in your market they will have several options in stock. I personally like SEM brand. I painted my gauge pod for my A pillar and it covered and matched perfectly.

Jeff Layton
Austin, TX

#5 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

I was fortunate I guess. I simply took in the "A" Pillar cover and they guy handed me a can that matched perfectly. I would have guessed one of the many #s listed on the tag in the glove box would have been your int paint code?

The can he gave me even had a label "GMC Medium Gray" or it may have said "GMC Med Pewter".
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!