REPLACEMENT FUEL TANKS

Thanks for the info.  So I guess this brings up another question.  I was looking through their web site and it list for my application (2500HD 6.0L ExCab ShortBox) a 45 gal replacement but specifies "Gas (non OBD-II)".  Does this mean it is not certified yet or that it just won't work for my particular combo.  I would have felt better if it just listed "Gas".  Thanks for the help.

Royce M

Royce, I'm not sure what they mean by that, but if you find out or if anyone else here knows, I'd be interested in the info as well.

It sure would be nice to be able to carry 45 gallons!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have their tank, but I did get their larger filler neck kit for my Duramax. It was well made and had a very good set of instructions. Took about 45 minutes to install.

Don't know whether this is possible, but have you considered removing the stock tank & using a Suburban's tank in place of the spare tire? Stock capacity on the '95 K3500 6.5TD SRW I previously owned was/is 34 gallons & on my current vehicle, a '95 K2500 5.7L Suburban, is 42 gallons. Would of course mean mounting the spare somewhere in the bed but GM sells a mount for just that purpose.

Yes, I've had their 45 gal tank installed for a few months now.  Fits like a glove, they did use all of the space they could.  It's very well made, & in my opinion, well worth the $850 they charge.  Uses the stock fuel pump/pickup from the old tank.  Because of the tank's shape, it also seems to make the fuel guage more accurate, i.e. it doesn't drop like a rock at 1/4 tank.

The "non OBD II" is a mistake on their part, I asked,  they are referring to trucks built for sale in California.

I highly recommend them. :thumbs:

Hello all.... I'm a new member to this board ('97 K2500 6.5TD ex-cab SB 5-speed)... Suburbanite's comment is something I've been thinking about for a while. A friend of mine says he's done it once before, but it was so long ago he doesn't rememeber the details (he had a customer at his shop that didn't want to give up the bed space for an in-bed tank, and I don't know if transfer flow and AeroTanks were around at that point) I'm trying to get my hands on a used Sub tank (so i can check fit and stuff)... My only questions are... is the spare-tire support necessary for frame support? Do you have to put in the cross-member from a Sub to make the tank fit in there happily? Where to put the filler neck? Lastly, I was thinking about finding the factory parts for a dual-tank setup (like in the old-bodystyle 3500HDs), but I may just go with an aftermarket setup... Any thoughts, ideas, input would be appreciated (espcially if anyone's actually done it!)

-Chris

Archived