Photo
- - - - -

Underhood Rattle Noise Heard on Acceleration #03-01-38-019A

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 yellow z71

yellow z71

Enthusiast

• 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

About 3 weeks ago I asked you about this problem on my burb and you gave me this bulletin as th reason for the noise. Well about a week ago I took it in to the dealer and told them what it was doing, well when I picked it up I noticed on the paper work they used this same bulletin. They said the put on a new compressor. Well now I drive it and it makes the same noise. It sounds like someone is drumming their fingers real fast on a 2 litre bottle only on acceleration and only when the ac is on. Also it is most noticeable when you sit on the passenger side, otherwise I would have noticed sooner. I guess I'll have to take it back in, but is there any other reasons for this noise, so I can have more info to give them?

Edited by yellow z71, 19 February 2007 - 05:55 PM.

White '04 Yukon Denali XL
YELLOW '04 Z71 COLORADO 3.5L
SILVER BIRCH '04 Z71 'BURB 5.3L 29,300 MI Totaled 6/01/2007 R.I.P.
'75 CAMARO, UNDER CONSTRUCTION

#2 ewood01

ewood01

Enthusiast

• 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

The only when the ac is on thing is wierd but gm also has a problem with the steering column rattling under the hood and the fix is a grease service kit. They basically add grease in btween two parts on the shaft to make up the difference in size. Although it sounds like a hokey fix it is very effective.

#3 yellow z71

yellow z71

Enthusiast

• 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

The only when the ac is on thing is wierd but gm also has a problem with the steering column rattling under the hood and the fix is a grease service kit. They basically add grease in btween two parts on the shaft to make up the difference in size. Although it sounds like a hokey fix it is very effective.

I had them fix the steering column problem at the same time, the put on the new steering column. This is something different that they have a bulletin on. It has to do with the HVAC system, and I still think it has to do with the compressor or maybe it puts more tension on the tensioner pully when it's on. Or maybe it has to do with the line for the AC compressor, I don't know it's just weird. :crackup:
White '04 Yukon Denali XL
YELLOW '04 Z71 COLORADO 3.5L
SILVER BIRCH '04 Z71 'BURB 5.3L 29,300 MI Totaled 6/01/2007 R.I.P.
'75 CAMARO, UNDER CONSTRUCTION

#4 Josephhunt27

Josephhunt27

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

I had them fix the steering column problem at the same time, the put on the new steering column. This is something different that they have a bulletin on. It has to do with the HVAC system, and I still think it has to do with the compressor or maybe it puts more tension on the tensioner pully when it's on. Or maybe it has to do with the line for the AC compressor, I don't know it's just weird. :D

#5 Josephhunt27

Josephhunt27

Enthusiast

• 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

I'm going through same problem now. The rattle is only heard when the AC is On and for about 2 minutes after I turn it Off. Have you gotten this fixed? What did the dealer tell you? Thanks.