Underhood Rattle Noise Heard on Acceleration #03-01-38-019A

yellow z71

Question

About 3 weeks ago I asked you about this problem on my burb and you gave me this bulletin as th reason for the noise. Well about a week ago I took it in to the dealer and told them what it was doing, well when I picked it up I noticed on the paper work they used this same bulletin. They said the put on a new compressor. Well now I drive it and it makes the same noise. It sounds like someone is drumming their fingers real fast on a 2 litre bottle only on acceleration and only when the ac is on. Also it is most noticeable when you sit on the passenger side, otherwise I would have noticed sooner. I guess I'll have to take it back in, but is there any other reasons for this noise, so I can have more info to give them?

0 answers to this question

The only when the ac is on thing is wierd but gm also has a problem with the steering column rattling under the hood and the fix is a grease service kit. They basically add grease in btween two parts on the shaft to make up the difference in size. Although it sounds like a hokey fix it is very effective.

The only when the ac is on thing is wierd but gm also has a problem with the steering column rattling under the hood and the fix is a grease service kit. They basically add grease in btween two parts on the shaft to make up the difference in size. Although it sounds like a hokey fix it is very effective.

I had them fix the steering column problem at the same time, the put on the new steering column. This is something different that they have a bulletin on. It has to do with the HVAC system, and I still think it has to do with the compressor or maybe it puts more tension on the tensioner pully when it's on. Or maybe it has to do with the line for the AC compressor, I don't know it's just weird. :D

I had them fix the steering column problem at the same time, the put on the new steering column. This is something different that they have a bulletin on. It has to do with the HVAC system, and I still think it has to do with the compressor or maybe it puts more tension on the tensioner pully when it's on. Or maybe it has to do with the line for the AC compressor, I don't know it's just weird. :crackup:

Archived