Heavy Duty Trailer hitch

You'll find the info about you hitch on the electrical connector bracket next to your reciever hitch. I'm not sure what class it is but I would say it's a class IV hitch because of the weight it can carry.The hitch on my 2500 hd says for weight carrying 7500lbs GTW and 1000 TW and weight distributing 12,000lbs GTW and 1200lbs. TW. The heavy duty trailer towing package includes the wiring harness with trailer connector, brake controller connector, wiring harness pigtail by the gas tank for fifth wheel or gooseneck trailers, tranny cooler, tranny temp guage,high capacity air filter, and other things that slipped my mind. BTW there are earlier posts on this site that talk about problems with the factory hitch. You may want to check them out. Hope this helps.

I think (but I'm not sure) that ALL GMT900 HD's get the 2.5" hitch. It is a Class V hitch. It also comes standard with an adapter to let you use any 2" square hitch attachments that you currently have.

I think (but I'm not sure) that ALL GMT900 HD's get the 2.5" hitch. It is a Class V hitch. It also comes standard with an adapter to let you use any 2" square hitch attachments that you currently have.

If that's the case.... it's about time.

DEWFPO

Archived