Gm Autoride Bypass Resistor

I have been doing a lot of research. I see that Caddillac owners were able to bypass there autoride shock sensors with a resistor. I have a 2001 GMC Denali. Does anyone have any ideas what the resistor value is and wattage to bypass the system. I want to put regular shocks in the front and air shocks in the back. Which I still want the auto level system to work. Thank you for your help.....

I wish I could help you but I am confused with your desire. You are looking for a resistor to "bypass" the autoride but you still want the autolevel system to work. I am assuming you want to tie it into the airshocks on the rear?

I have another suggestion that you may have not considered. If you can find a way to bypass the autoride system then you could put 4 good quality shocks on the truck and then add a set of AirLift Air Bags inside the rear coils. The Air Lift Air Bags can be installed with a manual fill valve, a manually controlled compressor or I beieve they offer an auto leveling option as well.

I have the airlifts on my Yukon XL, which was not equipped with AutoRide and I love them. I would also recommend KYB MonoMax shocks. They are great shocks. Bilstiens are also great but I am not as familiar with them because KYB is our (CARQUEST) supplier in most parts of the country. We stil have Gabriel supplied ride control remaining in a few areas of the country.

Hope you can get is set up like you want it.

All four shock have a proportioning valve which the autoride system adjusts while you are driving to stiffen the ride or soften it up. I want to fake the system out so it thinks those sensors are working but keep the autolevel active so when I tow my trailer the autoride will keep my Denali level. Hope that clarifies it a bit more...Thanks

DAN..I did the resistor trick on my 96 Deville when those $2500

(GM dealer item only-no passive units aval. at the time) front struts

went bye bye.

If memory serves it was a 100 ohm...........Can't quite remember !

It was wired into the plug on top of the strut.

The only thing it did was turn off the "service ride control" msg.....

I dumped it soon after for my 03.

Check http://www.caddyinfo.com

Thats where my info came from...........geo

• 3 years later...

Hi guys this is an old thread but maybe some one can help.

I also have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL and it has the Autoride system. My shocks are gone entirely and wanted to upgrade to KYB's but did not know that my Yukon was equiped with the autoride system. Can any one suggest an option to bypass the system and fit just the regular shocks?

Thanks in advandec for the help.

Regards

JRNRING

About the only way to rid yourself of warning messages etc.

when you change to regular shocks is to have a PCM burn to

eliminate the autoride from the system.

Heres plenty of posts on other folks autoride issues along]

with one guys success story.................

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...autoride+shocks

And even more:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...shocks&st=0

Dunno, about bypassing. But I will Pass along a good supplier. I work on a lot of fords with air suspension's..... I DON'T CALL FORD for them..... I call Arnott Industries..... Two remain air shocks for 2000-2006 is 379 (sold as a pair) and the pump is 179....... They also have a set of Bilstein that will bolt up and work with the auto-ride system....

I have done a bunch of; crown vics, grand marques, and town cars with parts from arnott and they all work great.....

Jbo

Just a note from other Auto-ride/level failure posts............

When NON-GM replacement shocks are used there are still

issues with SES/warning lights...............

The PCM burn (link posted in post 6) will turn off all

warning lights when NON GM replacements are used.

• 2 months later...

Just replaced my Autoride with the Bilstein Arnott solution a month ago. Far better ride, no errors and a big cost savings versus factory replacement. The mechanic who installed them said he was very impressed with the setup as he has not seen other solutions for active suspension replacement work without any glitches or warning lights.

Just replaced my Autoride with the Bilstein Arnott solution a month ago. Far better ride, no errors and a big cost savings versus factory replacement. The mechanic who installed them said he was very impressed with the setup as he has not seen other solutions for active suspension replacement work without any glitches or warning lights.

x2 on the Arnott/Bilstein setup. I have it on my Yukon XL Denali. I have had it for about 8 months. The system has worked flawlessly and the ride is great. Got to Arnott's website or their ebay store.

• 11 months later...

how about just measuring the sensor with a DVM. That will tell you what the resistance is, in Ohms

For the wattage part, assume it sees the full batt voltage, lets say 14V.

Then, Power = Voltage^2 / Ohms

Get the next higher available wattage resistor.

HEY THERE IF YOUR LOOKING TO GO FROM AUTORIDE SHOCKS TO STANDARD SHOCKS

ON A CHEVY/GMC TRUCK OR SUV, AND KEEP GETTING THAT ANNOYING "SERVICE AUTO RIDE" LIGHT AND WOULD LIKE A COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION OTHER THAN JUST BUYING EXPENSIVE FACTORY OR OFF BRAND AUTORIDE SHOCKS THEN LOOK NO FURTHER.... I SELL THE ONLY SHOCK BYPASS SYSTEM I KNOW OF(THE SHOCK JUMPER)... FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $95.00/FREE SHIPPING IN US ONLY ...

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PERTAINS TO A CHEVY OR GMC TRUCK OR SUV.

FOR QUESTIONS OR TO PLACE AN ORDER - EMAIL : [email protected]

SHANE ROBB

THE SHOCK JUMPER

are you farking nuts?

$95 for $3 in parts?????????/

go off yourself you con artist..

BTW Rancho Shocks makes an Auto-Ride bypass kit and it's only $25 for all four corners or FREE if you buy their shocks. Rancho Parts Pack P1510..

HEY THERE IF YOUR LOOKING TO GO FROM AUTORIDE SHOCKS TO STANDARD SHOCKS

ON A CHEVY/GMC TRUCK OR SUV, AND KEEP GETTING THAT ANNOYING "SERVICE AUTO RIDE" LIGHT AND WOULD LIKE A COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION OTHER THAN JUST BUYING EXPENSIVE FACTORY OR OFF BRAND AUTORIDE SHOCKS THEN LOOK NO FURTHER.... I SELL THE ONLY SHOCK BYPASS SYSTEM I KNOW OF(THE SHOCK JUMPER)... FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $95.00/FREE SHIPPING IN US ONLY ...

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PERTAINS TO A CHEVY OR GMC TRUCK OR SUV.

FOR QUESTIONS OR TO PLACE AN ORDER - EMAIL : [email protected]

SHANE ROBB

THE SHOCK JUMPER

are you farking nuts?

$95 for $3 in parts?????????/

go off yourself you con artist..

BTW Rancho Shocks makes an Auto-Ride bypass kit and it's only $25 for all four corners or FREE if you buy their shocks. Rancho Parts Pack P1510..

So any idea if the air shocks are designed to provide lift support. I'm assuming the coils in the yukon and yukon denali are the same. Can anybody confirm this.

• 8 months later...

HEY THERE IF YOUR LOOKING TO GO FROM AUTORIDE SHOCKS TO STANDARD SHOCKSON A CHEVY/GMC TRUCK OR SUV, AND KEEP GETTING THAT ANNOYING "SERVICE AUTO RIDE" LIGHT AND WOULD LIKE A COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION OTHER THAN JUST BUYING EXPENSIVE FACTORY OR OFF BRAND AUTORIDE SHOCKS THEN LOOK NO FURTHER.... I SELL THE ONLY SHOCK BYPASS SYSTEM I KNOW OF(THE SHOCK JUMPER)... FOR THE LOW PRICE OF $95.00/FREE SHIPPING IN US ONLY ...THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PERTAINS TO A CHEVY OR GMC TRUCK OR SUV.FOR QUESTIONS OR TO PLACE AN ORDER - EMAIL : [email protected] ROBBTHE SHOCK JUMPER[/quote ] hi my name is joe kennedy i work for ridgewood motors in silvercity nm. i would like to know what i need to do to get kit credit card or money order over night check

Archived