Tires For The Truck

All right, my 265/75R16 tires have been on their way out since Halloween. They were new on my truck when I bought it in October of 2004, but they're this really AWESOME brand called Milestone. If you haven't heard of them it's probably because no one is cruel enough to sell them to you.

Anyway, I'm looking for new stuff for the truck and I'm planning for future upgrades with the new wheels and tires. The Wilwood big brake kit and a lift kit are most definitely somewhere up the road...once I'm done with school. Unlike the other kids, I have to pay for my own stuff.

Ok ok, here's what I'm looking for.

Wheels: either Teflon coated or Polished American Racing Mojave Wheels in 20x10" like these:

m3981.jpg

m1082BL.jpg

Tires: either Toyo Open Country A/T or M/T at or around 33" for now...

18520.jpg

in 305/50R20 (these are roughly 32 inches), or

13369.jpg

in 33x12.50x20

I need two things from you guys. First, will these fit my stock 2002 Silverado 2500HD 2WD; and second, what is the best combo.

By the way, I've got a Silver Birch Metallic, crew cab, short bed if that helps the decision at all.

**Pictures taken from American Racing and Toyo Tires websites, please don't eat my children**

I seriously doubt you would be able to fit anything in the 32"-33" on a stock 2wd HD at 12.5" width. I've got 33x13.5 on 18x9s WITH a 6" lift with very minor trimming of the front air dam. At that diameter and width, you would probably need a small lift or maybe some torsion bar cranking...

Funny you should post those two tire pictures. I run the both styles depending on time of year. I've been pleased so far with both for their wear and traction. The MT do have a bit of a hum at highway speeds but it doesn't bother me at all (I'm pretty picky about noise too). Very good traction in snow and mud and pretty decent on ice. AT's do very well on ice and pavement. They are ok for snow and mud.

I'm a little different than most in that I prefer tall skinny tires. I personally run 235/85's

Tire2.jpg

The Pro Comps look better and are cheaper. If you don't do much mudding than you probably don't need the MT tires. I used AT and haven't had a problems getting around in snow or ice, mud is another story depending on how deep it can get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm running my second set of BS Dueller Revo's on my '03...best tire for my kind of driving with this truck. I have a camp about 1000 feet off road and these get me back through snow, mud, etc. And their quiet on the highway. Get about 55K out of them.

Archived