Vin Decoder

I am looking at getting a 2000 -2002 HD, GMC of Chevrolet. I am looking for a VIN decoder that breaks down all possible digits for each VIN position and what each digit means. Does anyone info here that could help? Thanks in advance as always!

I am looking at getting a 2000 -2002 HD, GMC of Chevrolet. I am looking for a VIN decoder that breaks down all possible digits for each VIN position and what each digit means. Does anyone info here that could help? Thanks in advance as always!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM_VIN_codes

That does help, some, but information pertaining to GM and Chevrolet trucks specifically would be better.

I can probably get you a GM VIS (vehicle information system) report if you give me the VIN.

I have several VINs that I am looking at, GMC and Chevrolet. My confusion comes in when there are different engines, 6.0 liter, 8.1 liter, 6.6 diesel. What are the letters for each engine here?

The other confusion is when I see a 13 and a 23 for the body code. I assumed only 23 was the crew cab body code but I have seen 13 on crew cab VINs.

It would be great if someone could list a 2001 -2002 GMC or Chevy 1500HD or 2500HD VIN and list what each VIN position represents and the different options for that VIN position. Thanks in advance!

I can probably get you a GM VIS (vehicle information system) report if you give me the VIN.

I have several VINs that I am looking at, GMC and Chevrolet. My confusion comes in when there are different engines, 6.0 liter, 8.1 liter, 6.6 diesel. What are the letters for each engine here?

The other confusion is when I see a 13 and a 23 for the body code. I assumed only 23 was the crew cab body code but I have seen 13 on crew cab VINs.

It would be great if someone could list a 2001 -2002 GMC or Chevy 1500HD or 2500HD VIN and list what each VIN position represents and the different options for that VIN position. Thanks in advance!

BUMP

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 2000 Tahoe LT that is Charcoal in color, but not sure what the interior is. Looks more tan, but the floors look grey-ish. Is there anywhere where I can find the factory interior colors? Like a list of them. Can I tell anything from the VIN? 1GNEK13T2YJ174015 Thanks for any help

Brian

• 1 month later...

Archived