How To Program Keyless Entry Remotes

Is it possible to program keyless entry remotes using the vehicle without having to go to the dealer or using any scan tools??? I have a 2005 Yukon Denali with only one working remote. I bought a new second remote, but how can I program it. Also, do I have to reprogram the first remote at the same time I program the second remote to prevent the first one from being blanked out??

Is it possible to program keyless entry remotes using the vehicle without having to go to the dealer or using any scan tools??? I have a 2005 Yukon Denali with only one working remote. I bought a new second remote, but how can I program it. Also, do I have to reprogram the first remote at the same time I program the second remote to prevent the first one from being blanked out??

Here's the info for my 2004 Sierra;

Up to 4 remotes may be programmed.

All remotes should be programmed at the same time as existing codes will be erased.

1. Close doors.

2. Insert key, do not turn.

3. Press and hold door lock switch in the unlock position ( on the door).

4. Switch ignition on, off, on, off (or on, lock, on, lock) Note on does not mean Start.

5. Release door lock switch.

6. Doors should lock and unlock one time to confirm programming mode.

7. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the first remote transmitter for 15 seconds.

8. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm programming of the first remote transmitter.

9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for all remaining transmitters.

10. Switch ingnition ON to exit programming mode.

This procedure worked!!! Great information, Thanks again....

No problem Man.

Smooth ride you got there. I'm trying to convince my wife that she (meaning we) would be happier in a Yukon Denali than her Audi A6 Quattro.

That way we could tow both our jetboat and jetskis. :tear:

• 4 months later...
[Here's the info for my 2004 Sierra;

Up to 4 remotes may be programmed.

All remotes should be programmed at the same time as existing codes will be erased.

1. Close doors.

2. Insert key, do not turn.

3. Press and hold door lock switch in the unlock position ( on the door).

4. Switch ignition on, off, on, off (or on, lock, on, lock) Note on does not mean Start.

5. Release door lock switch.

6. Doors should lock and unlock one time to confirm programming mode.

7. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the first remote transmitter for 15 seconds.

8. Doors should lock and unlock to confirm programming of the first remote transmitter.

9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for all remaining transmitters.

10. Switch ingnition ON to exit programming mode.

I just used this on my 05 and it worked great. Thanks a bunch.

Great Info!!!

I just bought a 99 Tahoe. Sales guy told me it didn't have a remote but was not sure if it ever did. Is there anyway to tell if it is set up for keyless entry? Or if any 99 Tahoes even came with it, I'm sure some did. If not I'm getting a remote start for winter

Is it possible to program keyless entry remotes using the vehicle without having to go to the dealer or using any scan tools???

If all else fails, try the below link, copy and paste.

http://www.wikihow.com/Program-a-Keyless-E...Chevy-Silverado

When I need an extra remote for my 2003 Silverado, I went to NUcar chevrolet who charged me 50 dollars for the remote and want another 50 to program it. They said it would take a half hour and they had to hook it up to a computer. I went to Dive Chevorlet and the mechanic, took my new remote, when out to my truck and within in 2 minutes, he had programmed it. So don't let anyone tell you that they need a computer to program your remote. Check out the above web link.

Great Info!!!

I just bought a 99 Tahoe. Sales guy told me it didn't have a remote but was not sure if it ever did. Is there anyway to tell if it is set up for keyless entry? Or if any 99 Tahoes even came with it, I'm sure some did. If not I'm getting a remote start for winter

Call the parts counter at your local dealership with your vin and they can tell you. I was driving my 99 for like 6 months before my friend pointed out that with all power options and passlock I probably had it, low and behold I did.

• 7 months later...

Unsuccessfuly tried the procedure listed in prior post. I can get in and out of programming mode using steps specified, but the module doesn't respond to either of 2 remotes when I hold the remote lock and unlock buttons together. Both remotes have fresh batteries.

I had a similar problem a few months ago, but used the procedure and it worked. It just doesn't seem to work anymore.

2003 Yukon XL 1500

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 2 years later...

I drive a 2001 Suburban. I bought a couple of the same 3 button remotes hoping to use them in place of the orginal beatup remote. I follow the instructions to commence the programming mode but the vehicle just doesn't give me any indication that it is in programming mode. In fact I know I am not getting to that point

When I cycle the ignition during the ON, OFF, ON, OFF procedure does this mean turning the key to the 2nd click (but not starting the vehicle) or to just the first click?

Thanks to any and all for your consideration of this question...

I drive a 2001 Suburban. I bought a couple of the same 3 button remotes hoping to use them in place of the orginal beatup remote. I follow the instructions to commence the programming mode but the vehicle just doesn't give me any indication that it is in programming mode. In fact I know I am not getting to that point

When I cycle the ignition during the ON, OFF, ON, OFF procedure does this mean turning the key to the 2nd click (but not starting the vehicle) or to just the first click?

Thanks to any and all for your consideration of this question...

ON means to the point when your dash lights up....right before the start position.

Travis

Archived