Skid Plates? (z71)

If the truck doesnt have the z71 skid plates can you put them on? Do they just bolt on?

If so where can you get them and any idea how much?

Skid plates are offered as a standalone option on all 4x4 trucks. They simply bolt on. The threaded frame holes should already be there. I think the only place to get the OEM skid plates is at your GM dealer or a junk yeard. Recommed spraying the plates on the outside with undercoating first.

The retail cost of skid plates is about $ 90 if I remember corectly (on a new truck sticker). However, if you buy them from GM dealer, they are probably sold individually, and the cost will most liekly be substantially higher.

GM offers the skid plates as an accessory package for the '99-up "GMT800" trucks also where you get both the oil pan and transfer case shields along with the hardware,The package runs about $110.00.

GM offers the skid plates as an accessory package for the '99-up "GMT800" trucks also where you get both the oil pan and transfer case shields along with the hardware,The package runs about $110.00.

Is that somthing I get from a dealer?

Can you get me a part #?

Will they RAPE me?

Can you get me a part #?

Will they RAPE me?

Yes,You get them from a dealer.....Part number 12496034 for 1/2-ton trucks and 12496035 for 3/4 (This includes 1500HD) & 1-ton trucks.

Can you get me a part #?

Will they RAPE me?

Yes,You get them from a dealer.....Part number 12496034 for 1/2-ton trucks and 12496035 for 3/4 (This includes 1500HD) & 1-ton trucks.

Will that part # work on the NBS?

I need the # for the NBS?

Thanks for all your help with the part #'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get me a part #?

Will they RAPE me?

Will that part # work on the NBS?

I need the # for the NBS?

Thanks for all your help with the part #'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The numbers I listed are for the '99-'06 "GMT800" trucks and '07 "GMT800" Classic trucks.

There are no kits for the new '07 "GMT900" trucks at this time.

Given time I am sure the skid plates will be offered as aftermarket parts. Keep checking with that online GM part place. Since the frames are different, the GMT800 plates will probably not fit a GMT900 - but you never know. It might be worth a quick crawl under the truck and measure the hole pattern and checking them against the available part.

Aren't the factory plates made of composite? I know the ones on my buddies ZR2 blazer are.

No,Not on the full-size trucks.

GM started using composite ones on the S-trucks sometime around the '98-'99 model year.

• 5 months later...
I looked at my window sticker and its says off road package which shows skid plate,

when I was under my truck I noticed the transmission does not have a skid plate?

There isn't a tranny skid plate,Just the frt.diff/oil pan and transfer case skid plates.

Archived