Frame Beaming/suspension Vibration

Josephhunt27

Question

Does anyone know whether the new enhanced body mounts are available for TSB #PIT3009D (Suspension Vibration or Frame Beaming at 40-60 MPH)?

Subject: Suspension Vibration or Frame Beaming at 40-60 MPH (64-80 km/h) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire #PIT3009D - (09/14/2006)

Models: 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic

1999-2007 GMC Sierra Classic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI is being updated to provide additional fix information and parts available. Please discard PIT3009C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt in the seat and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64 - 80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally between 8-24 Hz. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

Note: Tires with excessive Radial Force Variation (RFV) or out-of-roundness can intensify the frame beaming concern. The following radial force variation numbers should be used as a guide:

P-Metric tires (2WD 1500)

12 lbs or less

P-Metric tires (all others)

24 lbs or less

LT-tires

30 lbs or less

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this is a characteristic of the vehicle and currently no repair attempts should be made. With your help in the use of the Field Product Reporting process GM Engineering is currently developing an enhancement to the body mounts to reduce this concern on the 1500 Models. On going testing has pushed the timing of these mounts to the first half of 2007. There will be no enhancement made to the 2500 and 3500 models. At this point no more Field Product Reports are needed and thanks for your help.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

0 answers to this question

Does anyone know whether the new enhanced body mounts are available for TSB #PIT3009D (Suspension Vibration or Frame Beaming at 40-60 MPH)?

Subject: Suspension Vibration or Frame Beaming at 40-60 MPH (64-80 km/h) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire #PIT3009D - (09/14/2006)

Models: 1999-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic

1999-2007 GMC Sierra Classic

This PI is being updated to provide additional fix information and parts available. Please discard PIT3009C.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt in the seat and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64 - 80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally between 8-24 Hz. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

Note: Tires with excessive Radial Force Variation (RFV) or out-of-roundness can intensify the frame beaming concern. The following radial force variation numbers should be used as a guide:

P-Metric tires (2WD 1500)

12 lbs or less

P-Metric tires (all others)

24 lbs or less

LT-tires

30 lbs or less

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this is a characteristic of the vehicle and currently no repair attempts should be made. With your help in the use of the Field Product Reporting process GM Engineering is currently developing an enhancement to the body mounts to reduce this concern on the 1500 Models. On going testing has pushed the timing of these mounts to the first half of 2007. There will be no enhancement made to the 2500 and 3500 models. At this point no more Field Product Reports are needed and thanks for your help.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

2006 Sierra Crew Cab. Frame Beaming GMC BULLENTIN # 1924135

They said nothing can be done. They have alraedy put all new tires on it. I have 7000 miles and I

am getting rid of this $ 30,000.00 piece of junk. I was told I have to live with it. First I am taking legal action. They have known about this for along time and has yet to correct it. I will not be bouncing all over the road. I have had it with GMC They also lost another sale. I cacceled my wifes car a Pontiac

Solstice. They can have that too. I going Japanese. Honda Ridgeline.

So if you have Frame Beaming your done.

I emailed GM last week. They have a new body mount they are installing on my truck on tuesday. I don't yet know what the differnce could be to eliminate the beam shake. I'll find out next week if that worked. I this does not work I am thinking about putting a leveling kit on the front end to force more weight to the back end to hopefully dampen the vibration. any thoughts on that idea? A leveling kit is about $250 installed.

2006 Sierra Crew Cab. Frame Beaming GMC BULLENTIN # 1924135

They said nothing can be done. They have alraedy put all new tires on it. I have 7000 miles and I

am getting rid of this $ 30,000.00 piece of junk. I was told I have to live with it. First I am taking legal action. They have known about this for along time and has yet to correct it. I will not be bouncing all over the road. I have had it with GMC They also lost another sale. I cacceled my wifes car a Pontiac

Solstice. They can have that too. I going Japanese. Honda Ridgeline.

So if you have Frame Beaming your done.

Are you getting anywhere with the legal action? I just bought a 2008 2500hd and i have the same problem. and they told me the same thing. but the mounts they said are only for the extended and crew cabs.

I know that they are up to revision #PIT3009H and have new rear mounts available for the cab. I would like to get as much information about this issue, as I believe this is the problem I am having. if those of you that are having the issue or have had the issue, would explain exactly what your truck is doing or was doing, and if the new mounts fixed the problem or not, I would certainly appreciate it.

The Dealer I took my truck to is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that they are up to revision #PIT3009H and have new rear mounts available for the cab. I would like to get as much information about this issue, as I believe this is the problem I am having. if those of you that are having the issue or have had the issue, would explain exactly what your truck is doing or was doing, and if the new mounts fixed the problem or not, I would certainly appreciate it.

The Dealer I took my truck to is worthless!!!!!!!!!!!

Perform a search for frame beaming or frame beam. There are several other threads on this site regarding this problem.

Welcome.

Archived