Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alljackedup408

1999 Silverado Computer Location?

Question

Where is the computer for a 99 silverado 1500 Z71 located at? I am installing a DPSS autometer gauge.... and autometer said to run the green wire to PIN #10 on the computer.. where is the computer and pin#10? Thx for ur time.

0 answers to this question

Where is the computer for a 99 silverado 1500 Z71 located at? I am installing a DPSS autometer gauge.... and autometer said to run the green wire to PIN #10 on the computer.. where is the computer and pin#10? Thx for ur time.

Hi there

Your computer is located under the hood kind of below the battery with a plastic cover the snaps off to expose the wires.

OK.. i found that... now where the heck is PIN #10...lol.. is there a diagram or sumtin to it?

Hi there

Your computer is located under the hood kind of below the battery with a plastic cover the snaps off to expose the wires.

OK.. i found that... now where the heck is PIN #10...lol.. is there a diagram or sumtin to it?

Hi there

Ok unclip it the computer and tip it so you can see the wires, then unclip the grey plastic covers over the wires and you'll see the numbers marked on where the wires are plugged in.

Aight..... did everything as u said.. found pin 10.. but how do u plug a wire into it? Its got a white wire coming out.. and the wire looks like its pushed thorugh some orange sealer or sumtin.. and u cant push another wire into it... what can i do to get the wire into the pin?

Do u think slpicing the autometer wire into the white wire going into pin 10 would work? Sry for being such a pain.. but i dont wanna mess anything up.. its only the brain of my truck...lol.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.