Fog Lights With High Beams

I've been searching for a while about keeping my fog lights on with the high beams but I just cannot find the answer. I know this can be done but how? I have a 2001 so its different than the 2003+ trucks where you just add a diode. How can I make my fog lights stay on with my high beams in a 2001 Silverado?

Thanks for your help!

-Nick

2001 1500HD 4x4

I am asuming you use your fog lams as driving lights. The light system has a built in lockout for high beams and fog lamps. You would need to rewire them to an independent relay, or insall a set of driving lamps with a seperate switch. GM probably figured that if there is fog, the last thing you would want to do is turn on your bright lights.

I was asking because I wanted to power some other lights with the fog light switch, but if it is too much of a hassle then I will just add another switch.

Thanks for the help!

-Nick

that is a breeze to do.

I just hooked up a set of 55 AMP Pro Comps to a Bull Bar on my truck and I used the factory dash switch that turns on the factory driving lights below the bumper. Now when I push in on that switch, my factory driving lights come on as well as my after market lights. With low beams and both of the other sets all on, it's quite awesome looking.

All you need is some 12 ga wire and some 10 ga wire and a bosch style 4 pin relay and an assortment of solderless terminals

The relay is super easy to wire all you have is a :

battery constant hot, thats what you need the 10 gauge for

a ground

a wire to the after market lights

a wire to the power wire of your factory driving lights, it acts as the trigger and closes the relay sending full power to your after market lights.

if you want the pin locations for the relay, let me know, you can get a relay like that just about anywhere for $4

Archived