2004 Gm Power Seat Diagram?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 mlrtwo

mlrtwo

Enthusiast

• 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

I have an 04 Silverado, no pwr windows/locks or seats so Im guessing I would need loads of cash to upgrade to pwr seats....

Ted

#17 fdsuba

fdsuba

Enthusiast

• 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

I put 04 leather seats in my 01 Suburban. I did several months of research on this conversion. 03 and newer trucks have a "body module" or computer, inside each door. These modules control the power seats and windows. There are also modules mounted underneath the seats and these modules communicate back and forth with the modules in the doors by a wire called a "databus" wire. PRE-03 truck have no databus, nor any of these modules, so it would be a VERY expensive and involved conversion. If your truck is an 03-up on the other hand, you already have the computers and would only need the correct harnesses.
But now here's the part where I tell you how I hooked up my 04 seats in my 01 truck. I ended up hooking up the power motors but not the memory function or the seat heaters, as there is no way to do it without the modules and harnesses. On the bottom of the 04 seats the harness that would plug up to the carpet has like 30 wires. There are only 3 wires you need to worry about. A thinner wire (around 18 or 20 guage) black with a white stripe. This is your seatbelt wire, on the drivers seat only. The wire coming out your carpet should be the same color. The other 2 are thicker (about 12-14 guage) one is orange, the other is black. these are your power and ground wires. If your 02 had power seats, you should have these coming out of your carpet as well, if not, run a new power wire from your underhood fuse panel and you can make a good ground to the floor under the carpet. If your factory seat have airbags (as mine did) the plugs are the same, they plug right up. As for the heaters....I decided the cheapest thing to do would be to add aftermarket seat heaters in place of the factory ones as I found its MUCH easier to wire up and less than 1/5th the cost of everything needed to get the factory ones to work. I ordered a kit off Ebay for about 120 bucks per seat. I ended up doing only the driver's seat as thats the only one I ever sit in. (lol)

I was trying to follow the thread. I had a question and from what I read it sounds like the seats should work. I have an 01 suburban and am purchasing a set of 02 seats but they have more features... power lumbar, tilt. Where mine only have power back/forth and up down. Are the connectors the same under the seat? Is it a hard swap? My seats have seen better days. Also... is 450 a good price for the pair? Thank you again and I appologize if this has been discussed else where.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here