Wix Vs Mobil 1 Vs K&n Oil Filters

What oil filters are you guys using. Anyone better than the next in filtration and flow?

After break in period on my vehicles 1000,3000 i use the STP filter, after its all broken in Mobil 1 or K&N is what i always used in my cars-filter wise

Mobi 1 and K&N are $10, but the Wix filters are $4-5. Is there any real difference in the 3? I don't mind spending the extra $5 to get a better filter, but I have only heard good things about Wix. If Wix filters are just as good as the others, I don't care to pay extra for the "popular" name.

Depends on the vehicle it's going on here. Either way, its always a K&N Gold or Amsoil Filter.

I think you're paying for the name with K&N, and to a certain extent wth Mobile 1. I just don't trust K&N.

By all appearances Champion makes the filter for both Mobile 1 and Purolator. Meaning if you buy the nice purolator you get a mobile 1. In the end does the buck difference mater to you? I personally grab the mobile 1 because its easier than hunting through the purolators.

With Amsoil you are getting what you pay for. I just can't ever remember to order mine in advance (I normally do oil changes on a weekend when I'm available).

I use K & N Golds, me and a buddy of mine that uses Mobil 1's each bought and extra and cut one of ours open, they are both full of filtering media and look like they do the job just as good as one another I just prefer K & N as personal choice and there filtering reputation. also the 1" nut on the bottom of the filter makes things alot easier too.

Archived