Photo
- - - - -

Removing Fuel From Gas Tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 dickydo

dickydo

Enthusiast

• 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

A friend says he can't siphon any gas from his truck due to an "anti siphon ball" or a rollover check ball in the fuel filler. Does anyone know how to be able to siphon gas from your truck in an emergency to keep a portable generator running. :crazy:

#2 j.roffel

j.roffel

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,038 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

If you couldn't get a hose into the tank you couldnt get gas in either.... Dosn't sound right to me, I know we had the gas siphoned out of our '06 colorado's at my old work...
Posted Image

#3 KantKwit

KantKwit

Enthusiast

• 128 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

You're right about that. I used to siphon gas out of my 2000 Silverado for my lawnmower. I have one of those self-starting siphon hoses with the check valve in the end. I can't get it in the tank of my 07.
Posted Image

#4 Taaaaaaahoe?

Taaaaaaahoe?

Enthusiast

• 790 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:41 AM

You're right about that. I used to siphon gas out of my 2000 Silverado for my lawnmower. I have one of those self-starting siphon hoses with the check valve in the end. I can't get it in the tank of my 07.

Those as my buddy calls it 'jerk off hoeses' are amazing!! we use them all the time on the snowmobiles too!! lifesavers!

Edited by Taaaaaaahoe?, 04 September 2007 - 10:41 AM.

2003 Tahoe LS 4X4
6.0 HO Lq9, Custom Tune, Gibson Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust

#5 Draenor

Draenor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,605 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

I guess you could take the outlet side of the fuel system and connect it to a hose. Then run the hose to the generator. That way when you turn the key to the on position, the vehicles fuel pump will pump fuel thru the hose filling the generators fuel tank. Sounds like alot of work and could be a fire hazzard, I would just buy a portable fuel tank.

2004 GMC 2500 Sierra Metallic Gray CC/SWB