Ez Lift Tailgate?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

easy lift can not be added to a non easy lift tailgate because it is missing the holeon the right hand side for the torsion bar to go through. i found it disturbing that it was a $95 option. when you order a new tailgate the easy lift and the regular tailgate are the same price. about $600

Man Step material....... That is just about all I want to say....

My other half has ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOOOO problem closing any tail gate on any truck I have ever had or currently have...... And yes that includes the tail gate on the 49'.....

As far as the beer.... Just put it in the bed without opening the D$#& Gate........ Get them out of the cooler ONE AT THE TIME...... And if your drinking it don't worry with closing the tail gate... I'd hate for ya to spill some....

Jbo

• 1 year later...

I don't have the easy lift tailgate and I have no problem opening or closing my tailgate, nor do I feel it is exceptionally heavy. I think that an "extra sturdy" tailgate option might be a better deal. You know, something not drilled full of holes on top and braced internally so it will resist abuse and overloading better.

Archived