Making Lt1 A Lt2

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 BJD3

BJD3

Super-Duper Enthusiast

• 4,148 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

I purchased a center console out of a wrecked 07 tahoe,and installed it in my 07gmc sierra ex cab. Looks good and the interior looks richer. The install took about 1 hour,the only glitch was getting the old power port wire harness out of the old center jump seat.

I know they felt bad when they wrecked that thing.

#17 Jameson

Jameson

Enthusiast

• 481 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:05 PM

How come I can never find a wrecked anything that I need. Its always old crappy cars, never newer trucks. LOL
Posted Image
2007 Silverado CC Z71-Fabtech w/ ORD Shackle Flip, GMR Uniball UCA's, BDS 3" BL, 37" Kumho/Gunner Combo, 14SF swap w/ 4.88s and ARB Air Locker NFABs, Blackbear Tune, Basic Boltons, Kenwood NAV, 8000K HIDs, Katzkins, and more.
2009 Nissan Maxima SV

R.I.P. SSG Chad Caldwell (30 APR 08) :nono:

#18 nccrew

nccrew

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

How much did you pay for it??? Sounds pretty simple if the price is right!

I purchased a center console out of a wrecked 07 tahoe,and installed it in my 07gmc sierra ex cab. Looks good and the interior looks richer. The install took about 1 hour,the only glitch was getting the old power port wire harness out of the old center jump seat.

2006 Silverado Crew Cab 4WD

Posted Image

#19 mctr7

mctr7

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

Im looking to do the same thing. Pics would be great as I have just learned that the center console out of the slt ltz models will not work. I need one from the lower end interior that come with the sle 1lt models. Costs of the upgrade would be nice too.

#20 daddy

daddy

"It's the one that says Bald Motherf*cker."

• 14,970 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

Im looking to do the same thing. Pics would be great as I have just learned that the center console out of the slt ltz models will not work. I need one from the lower end interior that come with the sle 1lt models. Costs of the upgrade would be nice too.

Have you read this thread?

Posted Image

#21 slomo007

slomo007

Enthusiast

• 872 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

I really don't understand why you'd want to lose a seat, with 2 areas of built in storage and 3 cupholders, for a console. I purposely got the split bench and would have paid more to get it if I had to.

What's the advantage, besides the crappy OEM subwoofer inside? Do they have air conditioning vents in the back for the rear passengers?

Edited by slomo007, 11 February 2008 - 04:41 PM.

2007 Silverado LT1 Z71~Blackbear Tuned~RC Leveling Kit~3M Protective Film on Hood and Bumper Corners~Truxedo LoPro QT Tonneau~Raptor Step Bars~Mamba M3 Wheels~265/70/18 Revos~PIAA H11 Headlights~GMPP Performance Exhaust~Painted Front Bowtie~Removed Rear Bowtie~LED Interior Lights~GM Stainless Door Sill Covers~CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers

#22 csilveradoNYC

csilveradoNYC

Enthusiast

• 123 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

Here is the parts list I was given from GMPartsDirect.com when pricing this upgrade for myself. This is for the ebony colored interior. I would suggest giving your VIN to them and verifying this information before ordering should you choose to. I think it totaled up to over $900 with shipping, etc. which was more than I was willing to spend for a change that really didn't do a lot for me. You'll want to put these items in the search field on GMPartsDirect.com to get the prices. This is intended for the "Truck" style interior and not for the more refined and wood grain clad interiors. They are the same overall but there are some small differences including the front most panel that goes under the dash and the center, lower most tray.

15910727 front floor console, ebony.
15238643 front floor console accessory trim bezel.
15217111 front floor console armrest, ebony.
15134793 front floor cup holder ebony.
15217101 front floor console rear trim panel, ebony.
15134825 front floor console compartment bezel.
25793661 front floor console front, or rear cup holder liner.
15217105 front floor console rear compartment door panel ebony.
15134819 front floor rear console cup holder.
15910727 front floor console storage tray.
15134821 front floor console compartment door hinge.

Daddy

+1, sort of. When I had gmpartsdirect quote me the price to "upgrade" to a "loaded center console" (i.e. a center console with the Bose subwoofer in it) they quoted me the following list. BTW and FWIW, I have a regular cab.

15186666 front floor console radio speaker.15134828 front floor storage tray. 15217112 front floor console armrest.15134825 front floor console compartment bezel. Currently this is on backorder from GM. There is not an estimated time when GM will have stock available.15186660 radio speaker amplifier.15855168 front floor console accessory trim bezel.

They could/would not guarantee that it would be a direct swap, hence why I'm trying to find out as well. The above listed items totaled about $537.

I'm just looking to add the BOSE amp since I upgraded my non-bose '07 with a OE Nav radio which needs a amp. Wondering if going factory on the whole upgrade would make better sense. I have a aftermarket amp, but think if I can just plug a factory BOSE amp I'd be better off.
Figure I need:
#15186660 Bose Amp but what about the wire harness? Anyone have the part number for that and anything else I might need?

#23 Kilo-9

Kilo-9

Dog Is My Copilot!

• 2,074 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

Get a hold of MS3DALE on this site...he's a GM parts guru. I'm sure he will be willing to help you with part numbers.
2010 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ Black Granite Metallic
2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS M6

#24 07SilveradoNoob

07SilveradoNoob

Enthusiast

• 117 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

I really don't understand why you'd want to lose a seat, with 2 areas of built in storage and 3 cupholders, for a console. I purposely got the split bench and would have paid more to get it if I had to.

What's the advantage, besides the crappy OEM subwoofer inside? Do they have air conditioning vents in the back for the rear passengers?

:thumbs:
I also picked my truck over the other choice because I hated the way the console looked/functioned.
Posted Image

#25 BuckFeverZ

BuckFeverZ

My Truck's Made With Wrenches Not Chopsticks

• 4,162 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

I really thought I wanted the bucket seats with the full center console when shopping for my truck. However, when I test drove one with the full center console, I felt very cramped while driving and my knee would always bump into the console. I'm glad I went with the split bench :rolleyes:

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

6.0 / Flowmaster Super 44 / 33" Goodyear Duratrac's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users