Making Lt1 A Lt2

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if it was possible to switch the center console pieces of the LT1 with those of the LT2, and if so, how much do the parts cost? I have the LT1 but would really like to have that center console. Is it possible to simply switch out the fold-down center seat of the LT1 with the console of the LT2? I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

cox3497

I guess I'd better clarify that I am referring to the 2007 NNBS Chevy Silverado/2007 Sierra interiors (however I believe it would be SLE-1 to SLE-2 with the Sierra). Thanks.

cox3497

I'm interested to get confirmation as well. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I'd like to know for sure. I want to put the upgraded center console in mine (with the OEM subwoofer), but until I'm positive, I don't want to drop all the money on those parts.

Same goal here in a Sierra.

I saw a console in an LT extended cab Silverado at the dealer when I was buying. The console doesn't "turn up" at the front end, it just edges under the dash a little bit and stops. It's no problem doing the switch, just a few bolts but it may be difficult finding one used for a while. Especially mine which is ebony interior.

In the new trucks the LT1 has the 40/20/40 bench seat while the LT2 has buckets and center console. I don't think you can simply remove the center /20/ of the LT1 seat and replace it with a console.

HD,

Yeah, they call it a 40/20/40 bench seat, but I think that's just an attempt to more effectively market the LT2. As far as I can tell (and I may be wrong), the seats are pretty much exactly the same (bucket with different cloth). I'm guessing that that center foldover seat could be taken out and the console bolted in. Anybody have any further insight? It should be possible to order these parts through a dealer, correct? -- Although I'm sure it might be spendy. Thanks.

cox3497

Here is the parts list I was given from GMPartsDirect.com when pricing this upgrade for myself. This is for the ebony colored interior. I would suggest giving your VIN to them and verifying this information before ordering should you choose to. I think it totaled up to over $900 with shipping, etc. which was more than I was willing to spend for a change that really didn't do a lot for me. You'll want to put these items in the search field on GMPartsDirect.com to get the prices. This is intended for the "Truck" style interior and not for the more refined and wood grain clad interiors. They are the same overall but there are some small differences including the front most panel that goes under the dash and the center, lower most tray.

15910727 front floor console, ebony.

15238643 front floor console accessory trim bezel.

15217111 front floor console armrest, ebony.

15134793 front floor cup holder ebony.

15217101 front floor console rear trim panel, ebony.

15134825 front floor console compartment bezel.

25793661 front floor console front, or rear cup holder liner.

15217105 front floor console rear compartment door panel ebony.

15134819 front floor rear console cup holder.

15910727 front floor console storage tray.

15134821 front floor console compartment door hinge.

Daddy

the center peice of the seats is seperate, on its own little bracket and everything so it can be swapped out ... heh

and here i am with a WT .. looking for the center seat section with the locking storage to upgrade mine lol....

Here is the parts list I was given from GMPartsDirect.com when pricing this upgrade for myself. This is for the ebony colored interior. I would suggest giving your VIN to them and verifying this information before ordering should you choose to. I think it totaled up to over $900 with shipping, etc. which was more than I was willing to spend for a change that really didn't do a lot for me. You'll want to put these items in the search field on GMPartsDirect.com to get the prices. This is intended for the "Truck" style interior and not for the more refined and wood grain clad interiors. They are the same overall but there are some small differences including the front most panel that goes under the dash and the center, lower most tray.

15910727 front floor console, ebony.

15238643 front floor console accessory trim bezel.

15217111 front floor console armrest, ebony.

15134793 front floor cup holder ebony.

15217101 front floor console rear trim panel, ebony.

15134825 front floor console compartment bezel.

25793661 front floor console front, or rear cup holder liner.

15217105 front floor console rear compartment door panel ebony.

15134819 front floor rear console cup holder.

15910727 front floor console storage tray.

15134821 front floor console compartment door hinge.

Daddy

+1, sort of. When I had gmpartsdirect quote me the price to "upgrade" to a "loaded center console" (i.e. a center console with the Bose subwoofer in it) they quoted me the following list. BTW and FWIW, I have a regular cab.

15186666 front floor console radio speaker.15134828 front floor storage tray. 15217112 front floor console armrest.15134825 front floor console compartment bezel. Currently this is on backorder from GM. There is not an estimated time when GM will have stock available.15186660 radio speaker amplifier.15855168 front floor console accessory trim bezel.

They could/would not guarantee that it would be a direct swap, hence why I'm trying to find out as well. The above listed items totaled about $537.

I guess I'd better clarify that I am referring to the 2007 NNBS Chevy Silverado/2007 Sierra interiors (however I believe it would be SLE-1 to SLE-2 with the Sierra). Thanks.

cox3497

Jeez! This seems like a step backward to me. When I went to trade in my '01 Sierra SLT with leather bench seat, I was extremely disappointed to discover that the only way I could get a bench seat was to get an SLE! So, I had to forgo the SLT goodies since I will not tolerate a center console digging into my knee.

I purchased a center console out of a wrecked 07 tahoe,and installed it in my 07gmc sierra ex cab. Looks good and the interior looks richer. The install took about 1 hour,the only glitch was getting the old power port wire harness out of the old center jump seat.

I purchased a center console out of a wrecked 07 tahoe,and installed it in my 07gmc sierra ex cab. Looks good and the interior looks richer. The install took about 1 hour,the only glitch was getting the old power port wire harness out of the old center jump seat.

PICS?

Archived