No Power To Obd Port.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dans Denali

Dans Denali

Enthusiast

• 173 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

I had to take my truck in for the state emission test and they told me there is no power to the OBD plug, is there a fuse somewhere I can check? It isn't a crisis as they tested me the old way with a sniff test but I should get it fixed for next year.

Thanks,

Dan
5 time Suburban/Yukon owner. 2003 Yukon Denali XL, 2002 Denali pickup.

#2 Draenor

Draenor

I'm offsetting your carbon credits!!!!!

• 3,605 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

I beleive it is the same fuse for the cigarette lighter.(some correct me if I am wrong)

2004 GMC 2500 Sierra Metallic Gray CC/SWB

#3 Dans Denali

Dans Denali

Enthusiast

• 173 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

I beleive it is the same fuse for the cigarette lighter.(some correct me if I am wrong)

Lighter outlet works. Any other ideas?

Dan
5 time Suburban/Yukon owner. 2003 Yukon Denali XL, 2002 Denali pickup.

#4 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:08 PM

The cigaratte lighter fuse powers the OBD11 plug. There is only one cig lighter plug. The other outlets are accessories plugs and work with the key off. The cig plug only works with the key on. Make sure a prong is not bent and not making connection.

Most people assume because an accessory plug works the cig plug works too, not true.

Have a good day,

Don

#5 KNowItaLL

KNowItaLL

Enthusiast

• 127 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:40 AM

Check the 15A "CIG" fuse under the hood, that is what powers the DLC, if that fuse is not blown then you have a very od problem, wiring problem maybe

#6 05Quadrasteer

05Quadrasteer

Enthusiast

• 243 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:37 AM

If I recall correctly you need to check fuse 41 under the hood. As stated earlier the accessory outlets are on a different circuit from the cig lighter which also powers your OBD port.

Have a nice day.

Bill
Posted Image

2005 Silverado 1500 LS 4x4 with Quadrasteer, 5.3L engine, 3.73 rear end gear

Add-ons
Wester's tune 89/93, Matched fuel injectors from Westers, 180 Thermostat, Airaid air intake, Dynatech Supermaxx headers and cats, Corsa dual side exit cat-back exhaust, 275/60/20 wheels, Factory fog-light kit, Chrome step up bars to allow wife and daughter to get in easier, Access roll-up tonneau cover

#7 uniteam

uniteam

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

What is the POWER pin for the DLC Connector ? because I have the same problem :-(

#8 C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,888 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

This may not apply at all but I know when I hooked up my Interceptor Scan Gauge, the instructions indicated that not all of GM's OBII ports were powered and you would need to run a separate power supply to the Interceptor. In my case on my 02 Yuk XL, I did have to run a piggy back connector off of one of my accy fuses to get power to my Scan Gauge.

Again, I may be way off track here but just thought I would throw it out there.
'02 Yukon XL 5.3 4.10 Gear
True Flow CAI, Red Taylor 8.2 PowerVolt Wires, Amsoil Fluids front to rear, RA300 Filter Mag, AirLift Air Springs, PML Finned Alum. High Capacity Diff. Cover, Putnam XDR Class V Receiver, Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Hypertech Max Energy Tuner

'71 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe SWB
350/4bbl, PS, AT, AC 100% Original, Even the Paint
100% American Iron

May the products and/or services that you provide not become incorrectly perceived as inferior to similar products and/or services offered by foreign companies as has happened with the Automotive Manufacturing Industry.
Be American, Buy American !!!

#9 uniteam

uniteam

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

This may not apply at all but I know when I hooked up my Interceptor Scan Gauge, the instructions indicated that not all of GM's OBII ports were powered and you would need to run a separate power supply to the Interceptor. In my case on my 02 Yuk XL, I did have to run a piggy back connector off of one of my accy fuses to get power to my Scan Gauge.

Again, I may be way off track here but just thought I would throw it out there.

ok.. thanks ..it is a good information.... BTW, do you know what is the pin for power on ODBII connector ??

Is an standar ?? like this ??
Posted Image

#10 uniteam

uniteam

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

Well, I found this on AutomotiveForums.Com

ALCL link (otherwise known as The Assembly Line Communications Link). All OBD-II cars have a connector located in the passenger compartment easily accessible from the driver's seat. You will most likely find the connector right below the steering column!
The connector must be located within three feet of the driver and not require tools to be accessed. Check under dash and behind ashtrays.

The OBD-II Certified standardized 16-pin DTC plug is arranged like this:

PIN Function
2 J1850 Bus (+)
4 Chassis Ground
5 Signal Ground
6 CAN High (J-2284)
7 ISO 9141-2 K Line
10 J1850 Bus (-)
14 CAN Low (J-2284)
15 ISO 9141-2 L Line
16 Battery Power__________________

What is the correct description for the pins ?? :D :lol:

thanks

#11 uniteam

uniteam

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

finally I found this video on youtube that describe it very well...

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Thanks... I hope it helps...

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users