No Power To Obd Port.

I had to take my truck in for the state emission test and they told me there is no power to the OBD plug, is there a fuse somewhere I can check? It isn't a crisis as they tested me the old way with a sniff test but I should get it fixed for next year.

Thanks,

Dan

The cigaratte lighter fuse powers the OBD11 plug. There is only one cig lighter plug. The other outlets are accessories plugs and work with the key off. The cig plug only works with the key on. Make sure a prong is not bent and not making connection.

Most people assume because an accessory plug works the cig plug works too, not true.

Have a good day,

Don

• 1 year later...

This may not apply at all but I know when I hooked up my Interceptor Scan Gauge, the instructions indicated that not all of GM's OBII ports were powered and you would need to run a separate power supply to the Interceptor. In my case on my 02 Yuk XL, I did have to run a piggy back connector off of one of my accy fuses to get power to my Scan Gauge.

Again, I may be way off track here but just thought I would throw it out there.

This may not apply at all but I know when I hooked up my Interceptor Scan Gauge, the instructions indicated that not all of GM's OBII ports were powered and you would need to run a separate power supply to the Interceptor. In my case on my 02 Yuk XL, I did have to run a piggy back connector off of one of my accy fuses to get power to my Scan Gauge.

Again, I may be way off track here but just thought I would throw it out there.

ok.. thanks ..it is a good information.... BTW, do you know what is the pin for power on ODBII connector ??

Is an standar ?? like this ??

pinout.jpg

Well, I found this on AutomotiveForums.Com

ALCL link (otherwise known as The Assembly Line Communications Link). All OBD-II cars have a connector located in the passenger compartment easily accessible from the driver's seat. You will most likely find the connector right below the steering column!

The connector must be located within three feet of the driver and not require tools to be accessed. Check under dash and behind ashtrays.

The OBD-II Certified standardized 16-pin DTC plug is arranged like this:

\ X | 2 | X | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | X /

`\X | 10| X | X | X | 14| 15| 16/

``------------====--------------

PIN Function

2 J1850 Bus (+)

4 Chassis Ground

5 Signal Ground

6 CAN High (J-2284)

7 ISO 9141-2 K Line

10 J1850 Bus (-)

14 CAN Low (J-2284)