Photo
- - - - -

G86

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

This question is for MS3Dale or anyone else that knows, Do you know if G86 limited slip diff was ever offered in trucks 99 through 2006. I have heard on another forum that only G80 locking diff was avalable in trucks.

Thanks and have a great day,

Don

#2 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,911 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Drives:'07 Silverado Z71 '11 Camaro SS '02 Saturn SC2

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:57 PM

I know G86 was in the trucks with the quadrasteer option,As you mentioned it is a "limited slip differential",where as the G80 is a "locking differential",The G80 locker was the only one available on all the other pickups.
I seem to remember some of the SUV's having G86 also,I think it might of been the Denali's & Escalade's with the AWD feature.
If someone on here has an Escalade or Denali and can PM me there VIN I'll run a build sheet and check,Or when I get to the dealership tomorrow we have a couple used Escalades that I can run the VIN on (If I remember,my age is starting to affect my memory!!)

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)
2012 CRUZE 1LT - Blue Topaz Met. - RS pkg.- Convenience pkg. (work car!)

My Garage

#3 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

Thanks man. This was just out of curiosity. I know the G86 RPO code was listed for trucks but I did not know which ones.

Have a great one,

Don

#4 Schmids5.3

Schmids5.3

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

Interesting, I can swear my truck has L/S....I know I don't have the locker.

#5 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Interesting, I can swear my truck has L/S....I know I don't have the locker.

Just check your RPO codes,You'll either have G80 or you won't,If you have G86 it would be the first one I've heard of in a non-Qsteer truck.

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)

My Garage

#6 Schmids5.3

Schmids5.3

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

Rich, I feel like a complete noob. I thought I knew everything about my truck, inside and out to a "t". I do have the G80. I've looked at my glovebox codes 100 times....:idiot: We learn something new everyday. It's just every vehicle I've been in with a locker, you know it has a locker, it clunks around turns. I guess I ruled out me having a G80 because of that, and I never saw the code.

#7 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,911 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

Hey,No prob! Yea,we definetly learn something new everyday.
If you want I can send you a copy of your build sheet,Just PM me both your VIN and e-mail address.

sig1alternate.png

My Garage

#8 Schmids5.3

Schmids5.3

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hey,No prob! Yea,we definetly learn something new everyday.
If you want I can send you a copy of your build sheet,Just PM me both your VIN and e-mail address.

Will do. I'll prolly find out I dont have a 5.3 :idiot:

Just kidding I saw the LM7 code a long time ago.