This question is for MS3Dale or anyone else that knows, Do you know if G86 limited slip diff was ever offered in trucks 99 through 2006. I have heard on another forum that only G80 locking diff was avalable in trucks.

Thanks and have a great day,

Don

I know G86 was in the trucks with the quadrasteer option,As you mentioned it is a "limited slip differential",where as the G80 is a "locking differential",The G80 locker was the only one available on all the other pickups.

I seem to remember some of the SUV's having G86 also,I think it might of been the Denali's & Escalade's with the AWD feature.

If someone on here has an Escalade or Denali and can PM me there VIN I'll run a build sheet and check,Or when I get to the dealership tomorrow we have a couple used Escalades that I can run the VIN on (If I remember,my age is starting to affect my memory!!)

Interesting, I can swear my truck has L/S....I know I don't have the locker.

Just check your RPO codes,You'll either have G80 or you won't,If you have G86 it would be the first one I've heard of in a non-Qsteer truck.

Rich, I feel like a complete noob. I thought I knew everything about my truck, inside and out to a "t". I do have the G80. I've looked at my glovebox codes 100 times....:idiot: We learn something new everyday. It's just every vehicle I've been in with a locker, you know it has a locker, it clunks around turns. I guess I ruled out me having a G80 because of that, and I never saw the code.

Hey,No prob! Yea,we definetly learn something new everyday.

If you want I can send you a copy of your build sheet,Just PM me both your VIN and e-mail address.

Archived