03/06 Gm Instrument Cluster Free Off Warranty Repair

Hey Guys.........GM finally stepped up to the plate with free off warranty

repairs for those troublesome 03/04 intrument clusters:

03-04 GMT800 07187 - Special Coverage Adjustment/Instrument Cluster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM PARTS BULLETINS & INFORMATION - TO CADILLAC, CHEVROLET AND GMC DEALERS

Subject:Bulletin GMP07-174 - Special Coverage Adjustment #07187– Instrument Panel Cluster Gauge Needle FunctionMessage #:VSU20071575

DESCRIPTION:

SPECIAL COVERAGE Adjustment #07187– SEPTEMBER 28, 2007

DUE TO PART AVAILABILITY, THIS SPECIAL COVERAGE IS BEING ADMINISTERED IN PHASES. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AS EACH ADDITIONAL PHASE IS RELEASED.

CUSTOMERS ARE BEING INSTRUCTED TO CONTACT THE DEALERSHIP TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT IF THEY BELIEVE THEIR VEHICLE HAS THIS CONDITION. THE CUSTOMER IS BEING ASKED TO PROVIDE THE VIN SO THE IPC CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED TO KEEP THE VEHICLE OVERNIGHT.

Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Refer to Special Coverage Adjustment #07187 for further information

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Initial owner mailing is scheduled to begin: Phase 1 9-28-07

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Instrument panel clusters (IPC) required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from the Electronic Service Centers. Refer to GM Service Policies and Procedures Manual, section 1.5.9, for specific procedures. To eliminate keeping the customer's vehicle overnight, customers are being told to contact the dealership to arrange a service appointment and to supply their VIN. Dealers are to pre-order the IPC identifying the part from the Electronic Parts Catalog using the VIN filter so it will be at the dealership on the day of the scheduled appointment.

1. The customer will contact the dealership to arrange an appointment and provide their VIN.

2. Contact a GM Authorized Electronic Service Center to order an exchange and arrange for delivery of the pre-exchange product.

3. All units will be shipped FedEx Ground.

4. After removal of the defective unit, return the defective core to the Electronic Service Center using the supplied pre-paid Automatic Return shipping (ARS) label.

5. Failure to return the product within 30 days to the Electronic Service Center will result in a charge to the Dealer's Open Parts Account.

Hey Guys.........GM finally stepped up to the plate with free off warranty

repairs for those troublesome 03/04 intrument clusters:

03-04 GMT800 07187 - Special Coverage Adjustment/Instrument Cluster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM PARTS BULLETINS & INFORMATION - TO CADILLAC, CHEVROLET AND GMC DEALERS

Subject:Bulletin GMP07-174 - Special Coverage Adjustment #07187– Instrument Panel Cluster Gauge Needle FunctionMessage #:VSU20071575

DESCRIPTION:

SPECIAL COVERAGE Adjustment #07187– SEPTEMBER 28, 2007

DUE TO PART AVAILABILITY, THIS SPECIAL COVERAGE IS BEING ADMINISTERED IN PHASES. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AS EACH ADDITIONAL PHASE IS RELEASED.

CUSTOMERS ARE BEING INSTRUCTED TO CONTACT THE DEALERSHIP TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT IF THEY BELIEVE THEIR VEHICLE HAS THIS CONDITION. THE CUSTOMER IS BEING ASKED TO PROVIDE THE VIN SO THE IPC CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE OF THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. THIS WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED TO KEEP THE VEHICLE OVERNIGHT.

Some customers of 2003-2004 model year Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT; Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, and Tahoe; and GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles have reported that the instrument panel (IP) cluster gauges stick, flutter, or become inoperative. This may cause inaccurate readings, including the speedometer and fuel gauge.

This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 70,000 miles (110,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Initial owner mailing is scheduled to begin: Phase 1 9-28-07

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Instrument panel clusters (IPC) required to complete this special coverage are to be obtained from the Electronic Service Centers. Refer to GM Service Policies and Procedures Manual, section 1.5.9, for specific procedures. To eliminate keeping the customer's vehicle overnight, customers are being told to contact the dealership to arrange a service appointment and to supply their VIN. Dealers are to pre-order the IPC identifying the part from the Electronic Parts Catalog using the VIN filter so it will be at the dealership on the day of the scheduled appointment.

1. The customer will contact the dealership to arrange an appointment and provide their VIN.

2. Contact a GM Authorized Electronic Service Center to order an exchange and arrange for delivery of the pre-exchange product.

3. All units will be shipped FedEx Ground.

4. After removal of the defective unit, return the defective core to the Electronic Service Center using the supplied pre-paid Automatic Return shipping (ARS) label.

5. Failure to return the product within 30 days to the Electronic Service Center will result in a charge to the Dealer's Open Parts Account.

I'm glad, because the one I did have replaced under warranty is bad too :pimp:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of 2004 2500hd with this problem, went to my dealer today and they can't help me because they are both over the 110,000 kms. This is a bunch of bull, my white one has 121,000 kms and the problem first showed in july/07, 2 months after my warranty ran out. I quess I have to be a pain in there sides until this gets resolved.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 03 Tahoe that it first started going out in 7/05 had between and 50-60 miles on it then. Called the number and the dealership that my wife took it to said no to a goodwill repair. According to GM it is the dealerships call. I hind sight I should have taken it in then and had it documented that it wasn't working and then I would have had more to back up my claim.

• 2 months later...

I can tell you one thing, you can forget about the statement to call ahead!!! I've called 4 local dealerships and GMC Corporate and NOBODY will pre-order the IPC cluster without a diagnostic - and Corporate agrees!!! (despite what is says in the message!!!)

Mark.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived