2007 Yukon Denali Locks Itself

tdavis

Question

I have 3000 miles on my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali purchased in Aug. 2007. I typically put the keys on the floor or leave the keys in the ignition and exit the vehicle. After I shut the drivers side door and walk away from the vehicle......the horn sounds once and all doors lock with my keys inside! This has happened 4 times in 2 months. Do you think this triggered by an outside frequency like a garage door opener or CB radio? or is it a malfunction within the vehicle itself like the BCM, Ignition switch, driver door module or the receiver that handles the remote locking?

0 answers to this question

I have 3000 miles on my 2007 GMC Yukon Denali purchased in Aug. 2007. I typically put the keys on the floor or leave the keys in the ignition and exit the vehicle. After I shut the drivers side door and walk away from the vehicle......the horn sounds once and all doors lock with my keys inside! This has happened 4 times in 2 months. Do you think this triggered by an outside frequency like a garage door opener or CB radio? or is it a malfunction within the vehicle itself like the BCM, Ignition switch, driver door module or the receiver that handles the remote locking?

This may sound like a spoof but I assure you it isn't. Twice I had to get someone to take me home to fetch the extra remote, once I climbed in the sunroof and once I fished the keys back through the slightly open passenger side window. My dealer has not been successful in re-creating the event and wants to start eliminating possibilities to try to correct. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This may sound like a spoof but I assure you it isn't. Twice I had to get someone to take me home to fetch the extra remote, once I climbed in the sunroof and once I fished the keys back through the slightly open passenger side window. My dealer has not been successful in re-creating the event and wants to start eliminating possibilities to try to correct. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

this is exactly like one of the symptoms of my problem. its labeled on this site as "2003 sierra denali electrical nightmare". all indications and advice point to a glitchy bcm, but gm techs wont be authorized by gm to start swapping parts unless they see the problem happen in front of them.

the best advice i can give in order to get gm to change parts is this:

the next time this happens, your truck is in the "broken mode" and covered by warranty. i would have them recover the truck wherever it is and let them worry about it. (especially if your keys are in the ignition.)

this is exactly like one of the symptoms of my problem. its labeled on this site as "2003 sierra denali electrical nightmare". all indications and advice point to a glitchy bcm, but gm techs wont be authorized by gm to start swapping parts unless they see the problem happen in front of them.

the best advice i can give in order to get gm to change parts is this:

the next time this happens, your truck is in the "broken mode" and covered by warranty. i would have them recover the truck wherever it is and let them worry about it. (especially if your keys are in the ignition.)

I had this happen on the 2004 XL Denali twice. Luckly I was at home and had the spare. The 2006 Denali never did it, but didn't leave the keys in it. Picking up the 2007 XL Denali today, so I will be watching.............baffles

Archived