Diff Between Nbs And Nnbs

OK, I can tell a Classic from a NBS, but what is a Nnbs? I have a 2007 new body style Silverado LTZ Z71 Extended Cab but I don't know if it is a 900 or an 800 or a NBS or an NNBS. I looked on the window sticker for a clue and, guess what, I don't have a clue. - Lee

From everything I have read my take is:

Classic is GMT800 and the new 07 up body style is GMT900. I have seen other forums calling the GMT900 NNBS (new new body style?) and using NBS for GMT800 trucks (99-07 Classic)... Since I guess it was the original NewBodyStyle back in 99?

OK, I can tell a Classic from a NBS, but what is a Nnbs? I have a 2007 new body style Silverado LTZ Z71 Extended Cab but I don't know if it is a 900 or an 800 or a NBS or an NNBS. I looked on the window sticker for a clue and, guess what, I don't have a clue. - Lee

From everything I have read my take is:

Classic is GMT800 and the new 07 up body style is GMT900. I have seen other forums calling the GMT900 NNBS (new new body style?) and using NBS for GMT800 trucks (99-07 Classic)... Since I guess it was the original NewBodyStyle back in 99?

Yep, you're right. Technically the 07+ is the NBS, but some people like to call it the NNBS.

Yes, back in 1999, the 800 was the new body style - NBS.

Now for some grand reason, someone decided to call the 900 trucks NBS as well. And the more correct would be the NNBS or next new body style.

NBS would be the newest generation. To call it the New New Body Style is dumb. Using this logic how many "N's" would we have to put in front of "NBS" since chevy's first truck in 1918?

Exactly what I was thinking.

NBS would be the newest generation. To call it the New New Body Style is dumb. Using this logic how many "N's" would we have to put in front of "NBS" since chevy's first truck in 1918?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Another agreement here.

I still say we should use GMT800, GMT900, etc. It's good enough for GM so why the hell not us?

I think the problem comes from the fact that GM made two generations of truck in the same model year.

If all 2006s were GMT800, and all 2007s were GMT900, then it would be pretty simple to talk about them without using terms like new or old body style. If you just said "I have a 2006 Silverado" or "I have a 2007", everybody would know what you were talking about.

Since both generations of truck were produced in the same model year, I can see why people would call one the "New Body Style". Now that we're into the 2008 model year, and the GMT800s are no longer being produced, it does seem kind of silly to keep referring to the GMT900s as the "New Body Style."

Maybe we should just start calling them "OBS" again - for Only Body Style. :cheers::chevy:

I think the problem comes from the fact that GM made two generations of truck in the same model year.

If all 2006s were GMT800, and all 2007s were GMT900, then it would be pretty simple to talk about them without using terms like new or old body style. If you just said "I have a 2006 Silverado" or "I have a 2007", everybody would know what you were talking about.

Since both generations of truck were produced in the same model year, I can see why people would call one the "New Body Style". Now that we're into the 2008 model year, and the GMT800s are no longer being produced, it does seem kind of silly to keep referring to the GMT900s as the "New Body Style."

Maybe we should just start calling them "OBS" again - for Only Body Style. :cheers::chevy:

I think I like the old trusty "SEE PHOTO BELOW" idea best.

Archived