Photo
- - - - -

Family & Friends Discount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 bikerbill

bikerbill

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

I was talking with a very close friend recently. His father is a retired GM employee. He provides his son and daughter with a FAMILY discount number which allows them a very significant discount on their GM purchases, BUT he claims that he gets a 1099 and makes them reimbursement him for the income tax he pays on thier discount. I don't understand how you would be required to pay income tax on a DISCOUNT that is provided from GM, he doesn't receive any actual money, only a discount.

I located a GM employee who added me to his FRIENDS discount and when I just ordered my new GMC 2500HD it provided me an additional $1100+ below delaer invoice. It pays to have FRIENDS!

#2 sonjaab

sonjaab

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,154 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

That guy is jerking you off about getting a 1099 and paying taxes on
ANY GM family deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that GM discount for friends is also a great deal. Of course it
is the same as the "supplier price" deal and is higher than the GM
employee/retiree/family (GMS) programs.

Other benefits from either deal is you NO pay advertising fees ($500 and up)
and DOC fee is limited to $75 bucks !

How would I know? My mom and uncles worked for GM for years and would
sponsor family members for the GM family deal price !
Not to mention currently sponsoring folks with the GM discount for friends deal
also!
Posted Image
Alexandria Bay NY & Syracuse NY
Daytona Beach FL

#3 lch0

lch0

Enthusiast

• 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

Do you need to let the dealer know you have the coupon prior to ordering? Next question would be how could one go about getting a coupon? I don't have family that works for GM but I have read a couple of years ago on this site where people were offering coupons for those ready to buy. Also does anyone out there own a 07 or 08 2500HD 4x4 CC with the 6.0 and 6 spd auto. and 3:73's. How does it perform? A lot of questions but I know someone out there will have a response.
1962 GMC 1000 V-6 Four speed Automatic LWB 2wd flat bed
2004 GMC 1500 Z71 4x4 Ext. Cab SLT (passed down from dad)
2009 GMC 1500 Z71 4x4 (sold)

#4 Coachmenguy

Coachmenguy

Enthusiast

• 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:55 AM

Do you need to let the dealer know you have the coupon prior to ordering? Next question would be how could one go about getting a coupon? I don't have family that works for GM but I have read a couple of years ago on this site where people were offering coupons for those ready to buy. Also does anyone out there own a 07 or 08 2500HD 4x4 CC with the 6.0 and 6 spd auto. and 3:73's. How does it perform? A lot of questions but I know someone out there will have a response.

I just priced that same truck out today, GMC with the sle2 option and my discount saves me right around 4000 dollars, i'm waiting till the cut off date to order mine which is around may, hoping that when it comes in there will be some more incentives, to make room for 09's right now it sits at 32,750 with my discount, incentivies and bonus cash, and that was without talking the price down!! i'd like to get it for 30,000 out the door!, we'll see
2003 Silverado K2500LD ext. cab, short bed, 6.0l
K&N fipk, tinted windows, running boards, silverstar head/fog lights(high beams in fogs)!!, Cooper 285's
Magnaflow exhaust W/4.5" tip!!!!! '06 towing mirrors, line-x bedliner, wait4me tune!