Where Is The Horn On A Silverado?

I had someone else honk my horn, and i have it narrowed down to drivers side like around the battery and fuse block, but where exactly is the horn, i dont want to rip something apart I dont have to. Was thinking of getting a hornblasters horn, i need something that gets some attention but doesnt cost a lot of money. Any suggestions, or the location of the horn would be great.

I had someone else honk my horn, and i have it narrowed down to drivers side like around the battery and fuse block, but where exactly is the horn, i dont want to rip something apart I dont have to. Was thinking of getting a hornblasters horn, i need something that gets some attention but doesnt cost a lot of money. Any suggestions, or the location of the horn would be great.

Here are a couple of diagrams:

This is at the front left side of the vehicle

276136.gif

Remove the horn attaching bolt (2).

Remove the horn (1) from the vehicle.

FIGURE Engine Compartment (Left Side)©

277990.gif

(1)Forward Lamp Harness

(2)Vehicle Control Module (VCM) (Gas Only)

(3)Auxiliary Battery

(4)Positive Auxiliary Battery Lead

(5)Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)

(6)Brake Pressure Warning Switch

(7)Engine Harness

(8)Underhood Fuse-Relay Center

(9)Brake Lamp Relay

(10)MaxiFuses®

(11)Diode 1

(12)Starter Relay

(13)A/C Compressor Clutch Relay

(14)Horn Relay

(15)Fuel Pump Relay

if anybody has any actual pictures, please post...

Those diagrams are for a 96-98.

There are 2. they are in the lower parts of the core support on each side.

I have the grille off my 2001 right now I will snap a couple of pics.

Ok, I pulled those diagrams off GM's Service and Repair website and they have those diagrams classified under 1999-2002 Silverado 2WDs, probably chose the wrong set, but I will post the rest in a minute

Here is the full blown one: (GM has 13 different diagrams to choose from)

349995.gif

GM Steps to replace the Horn:

1. Raise the hood.

2. Remove the headlamp assembly. Refer to Headlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb Replacement in Lighting Systems.

3. Remove the park/turn signal lamp assembly. Refer to Park/Turn Signal Lamp Replacement in Lighting Systems.

4. Disconnect the horn electrical connector.

5. Remove the horn bolt. Reposition the park/turn signal lamp wiring harness for additional clearance.

6. Remove the horn (2) from the radiator support (1). Left side and right side horn assemblies are shown.

Bingo, that's it. They have the older body style on some of that stuff because they made 3500HDs with that body until 2002.

How do you get that stuff off the GM site? I have the manuals on CD for up to 2005, but after that they went to the site only.

Bingo, that's it. They have the older body style on some of that stuff because they made 3500HDs with that body until 2002.

How do you get that stuff off the GM site? I have the manuals on CD for up to 2005, but after that they went to the site only.

used to work for GM and have access to everything since then (left on good terms, so they left my account active and I am waiting for them to turn it off @ gmdealerworld.com) and I have seen and heard many different things/stories, especially moving from Chevrolet and GMC to Cadillac and Hummer. (you would be surprised at how pissed off some of these people get when their vehicle is not working and they always say "I paid $85,000.00 for this truck and it ain't working!" - and I am thinking "yeah, you got ripped off by the Sales department and bought a GMC/Chevrolet" - cause that is what those vehicles really are) Hopes this helps Jeff and his 1999 Silverado

Archived