Tpms Programming

Has anybody ever heard of programming the TP sensors with a magnet. I happened to be on the GM website and somehow got to a technical bulliten that explained to dealers how to relearn the sensors positions. It seems rather simple, if it works.

This is a copy of the GM article.

Receiver Programming

The receiver is programmed at the factory to recognize which sensor is at each wheel location. If tires are rotated or a sensor is replaced, the receiver must be reprogrammed, following SI procedures.

If the receiver is not reprogrammed, the system will continue to report the correct pressures, but will assign them to the wrong locations on the vehicle.

TIP: There are two reprogramming methods. You must use the J-41760 magnet when a new sensor is installed. During tire rotation, you can use either the magnet or your Tech 2.

Magnet Method

You will have only one minute between horn chirps, and five minutes overall, to complete the procedure once you start.

With ignition on, engine not running, press both lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. A horn chirp within 10 seconds indicates that the receiver is in programming mode.

At each wheel, hold the J-41760 magnet over the valve stem until the horn chirps, to force the sensor to transmit its code. You must follow this order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn chirps twice to indicate completion.

Scroll through the DIC readout to verify all four pressures are displayed.

Has anybody ever heard of programming the TP sensors with a magnet. I happened to be on the GM website and somehow got to a technical bulliten that explained to dealers how to relearn the sensors positions. It seems rather simple, if it works.

Receiver Programming

The receiver is programmed at the factory to recognize which sensor is at each wheel location. If tires are rotated or a sensor is replaced, the receiver must be reprogrammed, following SI procedures.

If the receiver is not reprogrammed, the system will continue to report the correct pressures, but will assign them to the wrong locations on the vehicle.

TIP: There are two reprogramming methods. You must use the J-41760 magnet when a new sensor is installed. During tire rotation, you can use either the magnet or your Tech 2.

Magnet Method

You will have only one minute between horn chirps, and five minutes overall, to complete the procedure once you start.

With ignition on, engine not running, press both lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. A horn chirp within 10 seconds indicates that the receiver is in programming mode.

At each wheel, hold the J-41760 magnet over the valve stem until the horn chirps, to force the sensor to transmit its code. You must follow this order: LF, RF, RR and LR. The horn chirps twice to indicate completion.

What is that article? and where did you find it?

I thought the Magnet didn't work on the 07+ NBS?

That is why I am asking where he found it so I can look it up. I did not find anything related to the TPMS being reprogrammed by a magnet for the 07 NBS from GM... got my interest perked....

Receiver Programming

Magnet Method

What is that article? and where did you find it?

I found the article, I printed it out and put it in a folder.

The link is www.hunter.com/pub/undercar/techlink

I'm guessing Hunter must be the manufacturer of the TPM sensors.

From my memory I think the NBS 2007 are Schrader Bridgeport models. I have attached a PDF to this with the installation and such for them. I have seen then when they removed mine and put into the new rims I have now.

Tech_SchraderTransmitter.pdf

I thought the Magnet didn't work on the 07+ NBS?

It doesn't,You must either use the increase/decrease pressure method or a sensor programming tool.

There are posts at Cadillacforums.com and caddyinfo.com about using a

strong magnet to reprogram the TPMS on Cadillacs

Yep,Your right,the magnet is for a lot of the Cadillac cars (Such as your '03 DeVille)

However it dosen't work on the GMT800 SUV's or any GMT900 trucks/SUV's.

Archived