How Can I Disable The %($&%* Tpms?

How can I disable the TPMS on a NNBS? It's gone beserk now and I don't have the time to take it to a dealership and let them mess with it all day. So far in a month it's been in the shop more than I've had it at work - literally (no lie here) I've lost more money work related not having my truck in the last month than I spent on the truck.

Now it's the TPMS keeps giving me the light on the dash which is no big deal. But then the message pops up "check pressure XXX tire" and it STAYS THERE. If you try to cycle thru to the odometer it stays for a second then back to the tire warning. A large chunk of my day is spent driving in the middle of nowhere following handwritten directions to some piece of property like go XX.XX miles etc...now I can't use the odometer while the TPMS thing is going off.

Here's what really screwy. When you cylce thru all 4 tires it gives the right pressue and they are the same for all 4 tires.

I know a dealer might could fix it but that would require another whole day in the shop to mess with it and I just can't afford that.

Today at lunch I came home and picked up my handheld GPS to use to get the mileage off of for a short term fix, but a lot of times your under tree canopy and can't get GPS.

Man I'm so frustrated at this point.

Edit - yes I checked the pressure and it was OK with a manual gauge. Put a little extra in with my portable pump I carry in the tool box and it still didn't help. Each time you crank it it's a random tire not the same each time.

Your going to have to get the dealer to fix it. You may try a different dealer.

It's been to 2 different dealers for multiple other problems so far. Going back to the dealer is a last chance at this time. Dealers here are not open on Saturday so that means another day off of work to have it done. I get 5 truck maintenance days a year and this would be number 5 in a month, leaving me to hope I can go 11 months without another problem.

Frustrated.

Your going to have to get the dealer to fix it. You may try a different dealer.

It's been to 2 different dealers for multiple other problems so far. Going back to the dealer is a last chance at this time. Dealers here are not open on Saturday so that means another day off of work to have it done. I get 5 truck maintenance days a year and this would be number 5 in a month, leaving me to hope I can go 11 months without another problem.

Frustrated.

What kind of other issues have you had?

My 07 Sierra has been flawless for the few months I have had it except for an exhaust rattle that I fixed in 5 minutes myself. I think we would like to know what problems you are having besides the TPMS.

Archived