2008 Silverado Body Side Molding

Bmuelle

Question

I've ordered a 2008 Silverado Work Truck which does'nt come with body side moldings on the front doors but I'd like to install a pair myself. I realize that the moldings come unpainted and therefore would have to be painted the same color of the truck. However, can you tell me if the moldings attach to each door using clips or 3M two sided tape? Also would you happen to know the part numbers for the moldings? Thanks.

0 answers to this question

I did the same as you, I have the part numbers at home and iam at work but they do use 3m tape. I just went outside and found a truck on the lot with the body molding and copyed the VIN nimber down and gave that to the parts guy to order the molding, but the truck you got the vin number from take measurments on the molding placement and go from there, make sure the outside temps are warm when you install the molding and wipe the area down with rubbing alcohol to get a good stick with the tape.

Sorry for not replying back been working alot but the 3m tape is already on the molding when you get it and I had the chevrolet body shop paint the molding. I would say it should be at least 50 degrees outside but when I installed mine it was about 40 outside and I had to warm the doors up with a hairdryer where the molding was going and left them inside the truck with the heat on, 3m tape will not stick to cold metal. When you go to place the molding do a dry fit and tape the molding to the doors with scotch tape and when your happy on the placement mark the doors with a pencil or if you have a dark color truck use small pieces of tape then peal the backing off the 3m tape and place it, be careful cause once the 3m sticks to the doors its stuck. I have a regular cab and heres the part numbers 25782648 two of them as left and right are the same molding but if you have a extra cab the part numbers are differant and dont get these and do as I suggested above in other post to get the right ones. Hope this helps.

I did the same as you, I have the part numbers at home and iam at work but they do use 3m tape. I just went outside and found a truck on the lot with the body molding and copyed the VIN nimber down and gave that to the parts guy to order the molding, but the truck you got the vin number from take measurments on the molding placement and go from there, make sure the outside temps are warm when you install the molding and wipe the area down with rubbing alcohol to get a good stick with the tape.

96Vette thanks for responding.

I think I'll wait until I take delivery in a few weeks before I order the moldings. May I ask who painted your moldings? Also, I thought all the front doors, along with the front door moldings, are all the same sizes. Also how warm should it be out to install the moldings?

Sorry for not replying back been working alot but the 3m tape is already on the molding when you get it and I had the chevrolet body shop paint the molding. I would say it should be at least 50 degrees outside but when I installed mine it was about 40 outside and I had to warm the doors up with a hairdryer where the molding was going and left them inside the truck with the heat on, 3m tape will not stick to cold metal. When you go to place the molding do a dry fit and tape the molding to the doors with scotch tape and when your happy on the placement mark the doors with a pencil or if you have a dark color truck use small pieces of tape then peal the backing off the 3m tape and place it, be careful cause once the 3m sticks to the doors its stuck. I have a regular cab and heres the part numbers 25782648 two of them as left and right are the same molding but if you have a extra cab the part numbers are differant and dont get these and do as I suggested above in other post to get the right ones. Hope this helps.

[/qu

Thanks. I should be getting my truck in about two weeks and I'll as the dealer about the moldings.

Oh by the way, what exactly was the name of 3M brand tape did you use?

Archived