Photo
- - - - -

Inner Tie Rod Boot Clamp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

I am getting ready to do an inner tie rod on my two wheel drive. When removing the rubber boot clamp, can you reuse the clamp or do I need a new clamp. I purchased a Moog inner tie rod and it didn't come with a clamp. Is there a GM part# for the clamp. MS3Dale, any body.

Thanks and have a good one,

Don

#2 CapitalTruck

CapitalTruck

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,142 posts
  • Drives:'13 Silverado Ext. Cab. 4wd 4.8L

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

I think you need to get a new clamp, and I believe "a clamp is a clamp is a clamp" don't think it's custom

I am getting ready to do an inner tie rod on my two wheel drive. When removing the rubber boot clamp, can you reuse the clamp or do I need a new clamp. I purchased a Moog inner tie rod and it didn't come with a clamp. Is there a GM part# for the clamp. MS3Dale, any body.

Don

CapitalTruck's Current Ride:

2013 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 LS 4.8L Purchased New 5/2013

#3 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

I think you need to get a new clamp, and I believe "a clamp is a clamp is a clamp" don't think it's custom

Don

They are a narrow clamp like a CV boot clamp. I don't believe a regular hose clamp will work.

Don

#4 FSTRNU

FSTRNU

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

The clamp is most likely a one time use Oetiker clamp. They are made to fit specific diameters depending on the R&P housing diameter. The clamp is crimped to close and must be discarded when removed.

Advertise Here