Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tweba99

Replacing Front Bumpstops?

I was looking under my truck this weekend and I noticed that the front bumpstops on both sides of my truck were in pieces and pretty much gone. I need to replace these and wanted to know where to get replacements and if they just snap in an out or what? Thanks!

Replacing bump stops is easy... The dealer sells them for around $30 or so a piece. To install, jack the front wheels off the ground and loosen the nut where it bolts to the frame above the lower control arm with a 15mm socket. Take off the old one, put the new one in place and tighten the nut.

I'll sell you the factory set off my '05 2500 for $30 - I replaced them with Timbrens last year...

You don't need to spend that much money on Timbrens unless you are loading the front end (e.g. snow plow). There is no ride difference between factory and Timbren bump stops.

Thanks but I don't need anything aftermarket that is any different than the stock ones. Any aftermarket ones that are just like the stock ones or is there a place online I can buy the stock ones?

Does anybody know if the elastomeric springs off of Q101ATFD's 05' 2500 HD will fit my 99' 2500? If not, is the dealer the only place I can get stock replacements?

I'll sell you the factory set off my '05 2500 for $30 - I replaced them with Timbrens last year...

if you still have them I will take them.

they should, '01 - '06 2500HDs are pretty much the same exept for the front ends & tails & dashes. Check out ebay to find the bumpstops.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.