First Snow In Eastern Pa

Gozer

November 18-19 and we've got 5~6 inches of snow in eastern PA (less on the roads), so I got to try out my NBS 2007 Sierra Crew Cab 4wd in it. I headed for one of the non-plowed/salted roads and punched it in 2wd, and at first the thing was bogging down and acting funny. I look at the dash and the d*mn stabilitrack is going off. Turned that off and good to go. I was impressed with how well it would get started in 2wd only with the locker. Auto 4wd was nice and smooth also.

Local folklore says the day of first snow is how many storms we'll get for year, so I may get alot more chances to play.

I thought that Stabilitrak would help in the snow? Doesn't it brake the wheel that tries to spin? Well, I guess if it ever snows here again (last snow in North Florida was a couple of inches in 1989) I'll get to see if my AWD and Srabilitrak helps.

:lol:

Sounds like great fun! We never get enough snow here for me, I have often thought of moving, but don't want the salt on the road hassles,...... :(

I sure do like driving in the snow, and I have two boys 1 1/2 and 2 1/2, if we can get a couple of decent storms, it will be big fun around here. :(

Stabilitrack only controls unintended direction. In other words if you are driving straight down the road and truck starts to slide off the road stabilitrack will correct the situation by applying individual brakes to correct. Traction control will reduce power and apply a brake on opposite wheel thats spinning.

You should never disable stabilitrack or traction control unless you off road.

Corvettes have had stabilitrack & traction control since 1997 and believe me the best race car drivers have tried to beat it and very few can. They wish they could have it in there race cars. Formula One is the only car that is allowed traction control but no stabilitrack.

Stabilitrack only controls unintended direction. In other words if you are driving straight down the road and truck starts to slide off the road stabilitrack will correct the situation by applying individual brakes to correct. Traction control will reduce power and apply a brake on opposite wheel thats spinning.

Corvettes have had stabilitrack & traction control since 1997 and believe me the best race car drivers have tried to beat it and very few can. They wish they could have it in there race cars. Formula One is the only car that is allowed traction control but no stabilitrack.

Yes, but Stabilitrack is no good when you're trying to have some fun and slide around on snowy country roads! That's exactly what happened to me this morning.

Yes, but Stabilitrack is no good when you're trying to have some fun and slide around on snowy country roads! That's exactly what happened to me this morning.

Thats true but you should try Stabilitrack so your accustomed to how it reacts in an emergency. Believe me it can save your life.

WOW...so when are the trucks gonna start driving around for us.

T/C, Stabilitrack, cars that parallel park themselves...I mean really...you don't even need to know how to drive anymore.

Traction control used to be knowing when to lift off and get on the gas...an unwanted slide was corrected by counter steering and cracking the throttle wide open and turning it into a slide you did want :D ...and the parking...I'm not even going there. :thumbs:

Make no wonder people dont know how to drive anymore.... :sigh::(

But atleast you can turn this shyte off and have fun I guess....

Sounds like you had some fun, Hope you get many more.

Archived