How Do You Remove Door Panels?

How do you remove door panels safely and without tearing them up? Do you need to replace any clips after removal?

PM if you want the diagrams for the door removal, the clips can be reused if pulled properly, if you pull too hard, it would be easier to simply replace them.

How do you remove door panels safely and without tearing them up? Do you need to replace any clips after removal?

PM if you want the diagrams for the door removal, the clips can be reused if pulled properly, if you pull too hard, it would be easier to simply replace them.

Yes, the diagrams would be helpful, any photos etc would help. Also location of clips and best way to remove without breaking the clips, are clips available only at Chevy dealer or is it a universal type that can be procured at local auto parts store?

Thanks to those who helped me with this. Diagrams worked out great. Thanks again, removal was simple.

chief3

Chief3, as I am upgrading the speakers this weekend, would you be willing to share?

Yes, look in previous reply from M Cueva, he sent me some great diagrams and instructions. Remove the triangular cover in front of window and above door panel, pop off door panel grab bar cover and remove (2 10mm bolts) remove door opening lever ( this has a small circular release at bottom of handle, pry outward and pull handle out at same time), after handle removed pop off small cover behind it and remove 10mm bolt. Pop off cover behind arm rest and remove 2 10mm bolts. Door switch housing for controls just pops off, remove and unplug electric connectors and remove switch housing cover. Get your handy door trim removal tool and insert under plastic door panel, I started at bottom rear, once under panel slide along until you are at a fastener location and gently pry outward and fastener will pop out of door. Go all around door panel until all fasteners have popped out of door. That is pretty much it, I don't think i skipped any bolts, but if you see a cover like under the armrest or behind the door handle pop it off cause it has a 10mm bolt behind, but I think I covered them all. Not too bad of a job, just take your time.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to those who helped me with this. Diagrams worked out great. Thanks again, removal was simple.

chief3

Hey Cheif, I will be switching door handles on a 2007 Yukon, maybe you can send me that diagram to help me out please?...thanx..tommy

Hello,

I have a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD W/ power windows and locks. The passanger side widow currently will not go up. I need the diagram to remove the door panel so that I can take a look or temp prop the window up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's snowing like mad I ned to fix this.

Thanks

Hello,

I have a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD W/ power windows and locks. The passanger side widow currently will not go up. I need the diagram to remove the door panel so that I can take a look or temp prop the window up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's snowing like mad I ned to fix this.

Thanks

I got it taken care of. Thanks for looking

• 4 weeks later...

I have to replace my drivers side mirror as well. Can I access everything by just removing that triangle piece on the inside of the door or do I need to take the door panel off? I noticed there's a long cable with the replacement mirror. Does that mean I do in fact have to take the door panel off to make the connection deep inside the door?

What's the safest way to take that triangle piece off?

Thanks.

Archived