Block Heater Cord

Grip72

i cannot find my block heater cord! i popped open the hood and looked around for a good 15 minutes and i can't find it!!!! i used to work at a GM dealer so i'm used to seeing/finding them, but d**n i can't find it for the life of me on my 2007 gmc slt 1500...wtf

On my last two trucks, it was tapped up against the frame, near the drivers front wheel. One truck, I actually had to cut back the wiring harness to dig it out. Had one dealer tell me the 6.5 diesel didn’t need it, so they didn’t have one. Making up an answer is always faster, than finding out.

May have sold my 2002 sub. have a 2007 sub, on loan. Could be looking for the block heater cord myself shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
i cannot find my block heater cord! i popped open the hood and looked around for a good 15 minutes and i can't find it!!!! i used to work at a GM dealer so i'm used to seeing/finding them, but d**n i can't find it for the life of me on my 2007 gmc slt 1500...wtf

I just bought a 2005 silverado z71, It didnt have a block heater installed. The new one was put in between 1 and 3 cylinder on the drivers side of the block, It screwed in, different from the frost plug kind, and I routed the cord underneath my grill so it sticks out front on the bumper. Cost of unit was about $135. It had one of those tumor plugs on the male end of the cord so it only comes on around 0 degrees c/ -17deg f. Not a good idea to bypass it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have a block heater cord with the temperature sensor on the end, cut it off and put a regular end on. It is a piece of s**t. It is supposed to cut in at -20C. - 37C this morning and the block heater isn't working. Don't give yourself the hassle of your vehicle not starting. Get rid of the end.

I would like meet the guy who thinks that was a good idea.

Archived