Silverado 1500 2-3" Lift/tire Options

Hello Gm Community,

I'm a new-b here and wanted to first say that this is great to have a forum like this to get useful info from all the people out there.

04 Silverado Z71 that has stock 265/75 16 tires on it.

I would like to raise it 2-3" by the suspension(no body lift options) and slip

'slightly bigger' tires on it. Of course, I'm on a budget and don't have alot of $$ to put in to it. If I could find an option for $500 or less,(lift parts) that would be great. I've already put aside money for new tires.

Some friends have told me not to go bigger tires/lift for various reasons.

-ride comfort suffers- becomes stiff

-wears out front end components quicker

-gas mileage

These are valid but a lifted truck looks sweet!!

Some options already:

-torsion key and add-a-leaf in rear

-torsion key and block in rear

So I guess I'm reaching out to the GM community to ask:

What are some options for a 2-3" lift?

What would be the next larger 2 or 3 size tires?

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Hello Gm Community,

I'm a new-b here and wanted to first say that this is great to have a forum like this to get useful info from all the people out there.

'slightly bigger' tires on it. Of course, I'm on a budget and don't have alot of $$ to put in to it. If I could find an option for $500 or less,(lift parts) that would be great. I've already put aside money for new tires.

-gas mileage

Some options already:

Thanks in advance :sigh:

Ive got ford keys cranked all the way...figured that way both sides are even. Add-a-leaf in the back 2-2.5 lift in rear...the stock front to back was 1.5inch difference so I caculate 3.5-4inch of lift in the front with the truck only 1/16th from being level. Oh had to get new longer shocks up front and still need new rear ones since jcwhit sent me the wrong set for the rear. It was rough before I added new shocks up front but after that it settled down

Thanks mattro for the reply. I researched and found some of my answers. I think I may just go to a 285/75/R16 tire with a 2-3"leveling kit.

I've never had a lift kit in a vehicle before so I guess now I'm wondering does adding a 2-3" leveling kit add any extra stress or wear out parts quicker in the front end? Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks

I cranked my Ford keys to the max added Rancho 4-inch lift shocks, and 305/70/R16 tires on a 16x10 rims with some mega offset. I need to lift up my rear end, but I need tires first.

Here's a picture before I maxed out my keys.

DSC00808.jpg

And afterwards.

DSC00853.jpg

Thanks mattro for the reply. I researched and found some of my answers. I think I may just go to a 285/75/R16 tire with a 2-3"leveling kit.

I've never had a lift kit in a vehicle before so I guess now I'm wondering does adding a 2-3" leveling kit add any extra stress or wear out parts quicker in the front end? Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks

No real harm from lifting a few inches. Driveline components will wear a little faster due to increased angles but nothing major. Make sure you get an alignment once the lift and tires are done. 285-75-16s should work fine and make the truck look a little tougher.

Post some pics when you are done!

Thank You all for your pics and reply's. There's some nice looking rigs out there!!!

I'm looking into pricing for everything. I like the way the 285/75 looks.

This may sound dumb or corney but I chose not to do a body lift because I really don't like the exposure of the frame as the body is lifted away from it.

This might be a stupid question but I'm really new to this lift stuff--

Many chevy/GMC guys have Ford keys on their rigs. Does Ford have a torsion key that fits GM's? Or am I reading this wrong?

I'll post some pics when finished.

Thank You all for your pics and reply's. There's some nice looking rigs out there!!!

I'm looking into pricing for everything. I like the way the 285/75 looks.

This may sound dumb or corney but I chose not to do a body lift because I really don't like the exposure of the frame as the body is lifted away from it.

This might be a stupid question but I'm really new to this lift stuff--

Many chevy/GMC guys have Ford keys on their rigs. Does Ford have a torsion key that fits GM's? Or am I reading this wrong?

I'll post some pics when finished.

You want the stock adjusters (keyways) for a 97-03 f-150. I have the exact part number, but not on hand right now.

You want the stock adjusters (keyways) for a 97-03 f-150. I have the exact part number, but not on hand right now.

Why do you use ford keys? What's the difference between the chevy/GM and ford keys?

There is only a little difference in the angle of the hole in the ford keys versus the gm ones, which in turn, makes our factory torsion bars lift the front of the truck more.

Hello Gm Community,

-gas mileage

Some options already:

Thanks in advance :crackup:

I am in the same boat as you are, my truck is a 2004 2500 stocker and i wanted a little somethin more height wise. I found this site that sells kits, lemme know what you guys think. Also, will i be able to correct the chevy lean with this?? thanks guys!

Click here!

post-33395-1196916359_thumb.jpg

Archived