"cracking" Sound Around Windshield

d**n it

i haven't seen any cracks but i'm pretty sure my windshield is getting effed up.

i usually have the heater cranked (31 C and full fan) when i drive to and from work and lately there has been random "Cracking" sounds coming from the windshield or the plastic maybe...anyone else experience this? this shouldn't ever happen

d**n it

i haven't seen any cracks but i'm pretty sure my windshield is getting effed up.

i usually have the heater cranked (31 C and full fan) when i drive to and from work and lately there has been random "Cracking" sounds coming from the windshield or the plastic maybe...anyone else experience this? this shouldn't ever happen

Yes I have! I too drive to work, and like you I wish it weren't so. :sigh: You evidently have the auto climate control as I have. Mine is set on 74 (that'd be 23 to you) year-round and I couldn't be happier with the way the thing behaves. I've never cranked it up to "broil" down here in Georgia, we see enough of that in July. But a cracking sound would definitely be a visual if it were the glass. Probably the hot vent next to cold dash.

Hey, I had the same problem of cracking around the windshield. I used to get it going above 80km/hr. The faster I went the louder it got. I brought it to the dealer and after a couple of attempts, they finally figured out that the hood deflector is causing the wind to lift the windshield moulding causing it to rattle. What they did was they removed the moulding around windshield and applied an adhesive around window and put mouldings back on. Its been perfect ever since. Its a weird problem, but theres a couple of different hood deflectors that cause the problem. I have the GM deflector. So bring it to the dealer and mention it to them, and they should be able to fix problem. Hope that helps.

If it sounds like bugs smacking the windshield or something similar...And you have a bugshield...It's the molding that's on the sides of the windshield. Takes about 10 minutes to fix if you're drunk.

Either run a bead of silicone under it, or run a strip of 3M tape under it. Either will work and cost about $3.

If it sounds like bugs smacking the windshield or something similar...And you have a bugshield...It's the molding that's on the sides of the windshield. Takes about 10 minutes to fix if you're drunk.

Either run a bead of silicone under it, or run a strip of 3M tape under it. Either will work and cost about $3.

it sounds like a rock hitting the windshield or a very large bug with a hard shell :rolleyes:

and id on't have a deflector/bugshield

it sounds like a rock hitting the windshield or a very large bug with a hard shell :lol:

and id on't have a deflector/bugshield

Well...I'd still check it out anyway. Run a bead, see if it goes away. Cheap, easy, hard to screw up, and won't hurt anything to try.

Archived