Tint Pictures & Suggestions

I'm getting the windows tinted this evening and I'd like to get as much feedback and as many pictures as possible. As of right now, my plan is to just match the factory tint from the rear on the front. I have the Crew Cab. I prefer darker tint, but I have no interest in getting pulled over every other day either.

what i did with mine was put the same factory tint% on the front 2 windows and just added another of the same factory tint% on the back 3 windows. you cant seen threw the back 3 windows.. and thats as dark as u want.. any darker u will have problems reversing at night.

post-42852-1196955055_thumb.jpg

post-42852-1196955071.jpg

Mine is similar. Left everything factory except for a 25% on the rear two windows. It is illegal in Texas but I've had no problems. Here are some pics...it seems in these pictures the difference b/w the two is much more obvious than in person but I was trying to match the front windows to the back ones and they look better in person.

and the third pic is a before picture

P6060019.jpg

P6060018-1.jpg

P6060023.jpg

Louisiana has 40% on the front and now I believe recently passed a law about the rear windows having a limit also. I have 20% on the front with ends up being close to 15% when tested, and 35% tint over the rear three factory tinted windows giving me roughly 7% at the end. I have never been stopped yet. Also there is a little difference between front and back but looks nice. I can post pictures if you need. Just PM me.

Put 25% on front .it will match the rear doors. make sure to put 25% or the next darker across the back window and it will darken up the whole cab. You can always go back and add to the rear doors if you decide you do not like.

I've got 35% front tint and 5% over factory tint in the rear. The rear windows are solid and are a little difficult at night but not too bad and I wish I could go darker than 35% in the front but in michigan no tint on the front windows is allowed and anything less than 35% is pushing my luck

2743560_30_full.jpg

also in Texas and mine are 20% for the rear doors and rear glass, the front is 25%, no real problem here in Texas.....

Not UNTIL you have to get a state inspection. They have to meter the fronts now and they can't be beyond 35%. I have 20% on my fronts but a new truck comes with a 2 year insp sticker so I'll probably trade it before it is an issue.

I don't recall what is on mine, but it matches the back.

It's been 5 years and never been a problem. Mind you, I haven't been pulled over for anything in those 5 years.

Going thru the border many times, I put all the windows down while approaching....I don't wait to be asked.

Put 25% on front .it will match the rear doors. make sure to put 25% or the next darker across the back window and it will darken up the whole cab. You can always go back and add to the rear doors if you decide you do not like.

I think this is what I'm going to do...25% on the fronts and then 15% across the back. I can always go back if I have to, but I think I'll like it...we'll see. I had 25% on my tahoe's fronts and liked it.

My rear window and rear doors are factory (20% I believe). I went with 32% on the front doors. This is still technically illegal since MN law states max of 50% on front windows. I was told that if you match the rears, you are more likely to get pulled over, but if your fronts are lighter than the rears, it shows you made an attempt at being legal and they will leave you alone. Not sure how true it is, but I also did this on my 2000 and never once got warned by an officer, even when getting pulled over for speeding once.

TruckPics4-27-07012.jpg

Archived