Need Help Locating Fuel Pressure Regulator On 99 Chevy Silverado 1500

I own a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD. I am wanting to replace the fuel pressure regulator in order to hopefully eliminate a problem (when cranking the first turn of the key it will not crank.....just lopes....once I turn the key and retry it cranks right up). Can anyone tell me where it is located specifically? I know what the part looks like but can not find it on my truck.

Thanks

Its on the fuel rail (Up on the intake manifold ) on the drivers side.

That was a common problem,we saw a lot of those go bad on the '99-'00 model year trucks.

What engine?

If I remember right, the regulator for the v8 is on the rail, but on the v6 it's under the intake manifold.

u r correct. On the v8's its on the rail driver side right about in the middle

Same thing happend to my 2000, cleared it right up once i replaced it

That was a common problem,we saw a lot of those go bad on the '99-'00 model year trucks.

Also, there is a Schroeder valve (like tires have) on the opposite side for relieving the fuel pressure prior to disassembly. Make sure you have alot of rags under the fuel rail when you relieve the fuel pressure or you will have a gassy mess.

Great...thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

If you are replacing yours DO NOT get one of those elcheepo's from AutoZone or Advance Auto. DO GET a Delphi from some where like Carquest or NAPA. I tried the GPS brand from Advance (yes I was tring to be a cheepass) and it made my fuel rail vibrate on cold start up. It would vibrate so much it sounded like it was singing. This is when I finaly realized it wasn't worth the wasted time futzing around with that cheepss**t from Advance and it was best to just get quality stuff from places like Carquest.

Trust me use the Delphi.

Archived