Photo
- - - - -

Need Help Locating Fuel Pressure Regulator On 99 Chevy Silverado 1500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 bryan_groce

bryan_groce

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

I own a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD. I am wanting to replace the fuel pressure regulator in order to hopefully eliminate a problem (when cranking the first turn of the key it will not crank.....just lopes....once I turn the key and retry it cranks right up). Can anyone tell me where it is located specifically? I know what the part looks like but can not find it on my truck.

Thanks

#2 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,934 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Drives:'07 Silverado Z71 '11 Camaro SS '02 Saturn SC2

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:44 PM

Its on the fuel rail (Up on the intake manifold ) on the drivers side.
That was a common problem,we saw a lot of those go bad on the '99-'00 model year trucks.

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)
2012 CRUZE 1LT - Blue Topaz Met. - RS pkg.- Convenience pkg. (work car!)

My Garage

#3 dreman

dreman

Enthusiast

• 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

What engine?

If I remember right, the regulator for the v8 is on the rail, but on the v6 it's under the intake manifold.

#4 motox151

motox151

Enthusiast

• 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:28 PM

What engine?

If I remember right, the regulator for the v8 is on the rail, but on the v6 it's under the intake manifold.

u r correct. On the v8's its on the rail driver side right about in the middle

Same thing happend to my 2000, cleared it right up once i replaced it
2007 Silverado 1500 1LT 5.3 2wd
Flowmaster 50 Series trk performance system,Alpine type R 6.5 door speakers and 1 10in sub with alpine amp
Black Bear ECM,TCM, Aem Cold Air Intake, spyder projector headlights,Keystone Functional Ram air hood
KMC Rockstar 18 in Wheels on 295 70 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
6 inch BDS ifs suspension lift, Very illegal blue light bar lol!!!

#5 VMax2007

VMax2007

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

That was a common problem,we saw a lot of those go bad on the '99-'00 model year trucks.

Also, there is a Schroeder valve (like tires have) on the opposite side for relieving the fuel pressure prior to disassembly. Make sure you have alot of rags under the fuel rail when you relieve the fuel pressure or you will have a gassy mess.

Posted Image

2007 GMC Sierra SLT

#6 bryan_groce

bryan_groce

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

Great...thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

#7 Norseman

Norseman

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,382 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:58 PM

Great...thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

If you are replacing yours DO NOT get one of those elcheepo's from AutoZone or Advance Auto. DO GET a Delphi from some where like Carquest or NAPA. I tried the GPS brand from Advance (yes I was tring to be a cheepass) and it made my fuel rail vibrate on cold start up. It would vibrate so much it sounded like it was singing. This is when I finaly realized it wasn't worth the wasted time futzing around with that cheepss**t from Advance and it was best to just get quality stuff from places like Carquest.

Trust me use the Delphi.

Edited by Norseman, 11 December 2007 - 03:02 PM.

PLEASE BUY FROM AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR COUNTRY AND THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON THEM.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. -- G. K. Chesterton

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being"
-- Kahlil Gibran

God Bless Our American Service Men That Do Just That!!

If the Malibu had a Toyota badge the toy-sheeple would hump it in a parking lot.