Fog Light Bulb Replacement?

Is there a brighter fog light replacement bulb that I can just place in without modifying the fog light housing. I read the post on here beforebut did not really get a clear answer. Can you give me the brand and number. I want my fog lights to be really bright.

Is there a brighter fog light replacement bulb that I can just place in without modifying the fog light housing. I read the post on here beforebut did not really get a clear answer. Can you give me the brand and number. I want my fog lights to be really bright.

Putco will have something "Soon."

Here's a link to their product line: http://putco.com/product/GM_Fog_Lamps_H16/

My guess is they won't be as bright as the mod I did seeing as it melted one guy's housings on his Yukon and these are said to work on the Yuk'.

As for the fog light mod I did, you don't have to modify the housing at all, just the bulb. It does require new harnesses but no change to the fog light housing itself.

Daddy

Putco will have something "Soon."

Here's a link to their product line: http://putco.com/product/GM_Fog_Lamps_H16/

My guess is they won't be as bright as the mod I did seeing as it melted one guy's housings on his Yukon and these are said to work on the Yuk'.

As for the fog light mod I did, you don't have to modify the housing at all, just the bulb. It does require new harnesses but no change to the fog light housing itself.

Daddy

I'm gonna ask a dumb question then. What is a harness? This was with the sylvania 9005 bulbs, correct? If I can't get brighter, maybe i'll do what you did. How much are those 9005 bulbs? Sorry, I'm not very electrically knowledgable.

Boy those Putco ones don't look too promising. I'd stay away from any bulb that has a colored glass shell; all that does is affect the hue of the light and reduce the output. I strongly recommend Daddy's fog light mod as well. It's a little bit of work, but nothing too serious and the results are great.

I'm gonna ask a dumb question then. What is a harness? This was with the sylvania 9005 bulbs, correct? If I can't get brighter, maybe i'll do what you did. How much are those 9005 bulbs? Sorry, I'm not very electrically knowledgable.

The harness is the plug and wiring. You just have to splice into the 12V pair going to the stock fogs and add the two new wires with the new plug. You can tape up the old one or simply cut it off like I did. This was with the 9005's yes. Check my signature for the link to the write-up. You should expect to spend around 45-50 bucks for everything.

Daddy

The harness is the plug and wiring. You just have to splice into the 12V pair going to the stock fogs and add the two new wires with the new plug. You can tape up the old one or simply cut it off like I did. This was with the 9005's yes. Check my signature for the link to the write-up. You should expect to spend aroun 45-50 bucks for everything.

Daddy

O.K., I saw your write up, and see exactly what you're talking about.

Archived