Heated Power Seat Problems

mgilbert207

Question

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I own a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab LT3. It is equipped with heated, leather power seats that I've been having problems with. 98 percent of the time, the drivers power/heated seat does NOT work. Whether I press the buttons on the seat, lumbar, door panel (for driver 1 or 2) or on the keyfob, I get no action out of the seat. Every time I get in it, I hit the heated seat button just to see if it works, and once in a very great while it does, and so doesn't the seat. However, the weird thing is that the passengers power seat works all the time, except for the heated part of it. Anyway, I'm assuming it's a loose or bad connection, but I don't know where to start. Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Mark

0 answers to this question

the module is located under the seat. it is kind of tucked up under the seat

How much is this to fix? Im having similiar problems with mine

I bought the drivers seat memory module for $275 from the dealer, but that was at a discount from the normal $350 price. BUT, that wasn't the problem. After installing the module (which you have to lift the bottom seat cushion off and then unscrew it and unplug it, then reinstall everything with the new box) my seats did nothing. I removed the drivers seat switch panel on the side and checked for power both with and without the box, then did the same thing for the passengers side (no power on the drivers, power to the pass.). I removed the step panel as well as the kickpanel adjacent to the hood lever to chase the wires running from the seat to the fuse box. There is a relay box that I was unaware of that rests sort-of underneath the carpet but peeks out at the top (My GM dealer never told me this even though I asked them where it was...they said it was in the dash. The owners manual doesn't tell you either). Look to the left of the brake pedal as far forward as you can and you'll see a gray box. The wiring harness was barely plugged in to the box...I plugged it in, and now everything works. Check the orange wires running from your fuse box, then go to the wires coming OUT of the relay box. Check both orange wires...if you have power on both coming out of the fuse box and power on both out of the relay box, remove the switch panel from the seat and check for power on those wiring harnesses (orange wires). If you have power on those wiring harnesses, it's your switch panel. If you don't have power on those harnesses, check for power directly behind the module. I'm only assuming that if you have consistant power going into the box and not coming out that the box is bad. If you have power off of the fuse box on both but not out of the relay box, I can only tell you to check your connections and your plugs because that's as far as I was willing to go!

Make sure that you are careful pulling the bottom seat cushion off as there is a 2 wire plug that I'm assuming runs the weight sensors for the SRS system. That wiring harness is difficult to reach and is closest to the drivers side of the truck as you can get without being outside of the seat rails. There's a yellow wire and a green wire running to a plug with a blue lock mechanism with a little loop on it. Pull the loop and then disconnect the plug before pulling up on the seat. There are two nuts located on both sides of the seat on the bottom of the seat cushion, front side. Remove those and then look from the rear and you'll see two white plastic plugs. Pull those out and the seat should gently lift up enough so you can do your thing. I'd love to help someone out with this module as I can't return it now (It does work, I checked it) but if someone wants to save some coin, let me know if you need it.

I have a similiar problem, everything works with both seats with the exception of the power lumbar on the driver's side. Any ideas what this might be?

The lumbar and the power seats work off of two separate wiring harnesses. Unscrew the switch panel on your drivers side seat and unplug the harnesses. The power wires are orange, so check the orange on the seat harness and the lumbar harness. Check the power both before and on the harness for the lumbar. If you have power before it but not on it, you have a bad connection or a bad plug. If you don't have power to the plug, start chasing the power wire and go from there.

Archived