Wheels-interchangable?

Do wheels from the new body style Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, and Avalanche all fit on each other, regardless of 2wd or 4wd?

I am pretty sure they do, but when you start to look at peoples disclaimers on Ebay it makes you think twice.

Several members in here have used GMT900 wheels on GMT800 and earlier 6 lug trucks. So far I haven't heard anybody have problems with fit. One member has new Escalade wheels on his GMT400 Z71.

• 4 months later...

04.5+ trucks generally require at least 17" cause of the front brakes, which is the reason for the disclaimer on most auctions. I'm not sure about SUVs as they have 4-wheel disc brakes. I've seen my 18" Z71 wheels on a 800 series truck before and they looked like they fit pretty well, didn't stick out or in excessively.

I do know that the 18" wheels will fit.

My question was will the stock lug nuts from my 2005 Burb work for the 18s from an Escalade.

I did pick up the wheels from the auction I posted above - as advertised they are Showroom take offs. They still have the new tire nubbies sticking out all over. He has one set left if anyone else wants them.

Escalade 18s $475

I will put the new wheels on the truck after I get the 07-08 TPMS swapped out for the correct ones. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow :sigh:

I was replying to the original poster, not you...

And to answer yours for whatever reason, yes they'll probably work, GM hasn't changed their basic lugnut design in a while.

I was replying to the original poster, not you...

And to answer yours for whatever reason, yes they'll probably work, GM hasn't changed their basic lugnut design in a while.

Thanks for the answer. Just got done putting the new wheels on the burb. The lugs worked out fine.

I saw an ebay auction for 18" wheels that said the stock lugs would not fit. Seemed odd sou I thought I would ask.

Several members in here have used GMT900 wheels on GMT800 and earlier 6 lug trucks. So far I haven't heard anybody have problems with fit. One member has new Escalade wheels on his GMT400 Z71.

One aspect to remember: 16" wheels from the 4 disc brake trucks will NOT fit on the newer front disc rear drum trucks that came with 17" wheels. Thy won't clear the new style front brakes. I bought a set of H3 wheels off Ebay to put on my 2006 and they wouldn't clear the front calipers.

Archived