Forum/truck Abbreviations And Slang

• 2 months later...

I know this thread has been dormant for some time so I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I am new to this forum but I am not new message boards by any means.

I think I agree with Daddy that the NBS/OBS system is useless, vague, ambiguous and shortsighted.

Calling anything new or old really counts on people to be reading at the same time it is posted. I've seen several threads on here that have gone on for YEARS. As soon as the GMT 1000 or something comes out, people will call THAT the NBS, but other people will still think they are referring to an 02 or something. I remember when the 88-98s were called NBS, it just doesn't make sense. I know i'm not going to change a very old habit entirely but it helps to use the correct vehicle designator such as GMT 900 to eliminate the ambiguity that the NBS/OBS system introduces. I've owned a lot of vehicles and participated in many forums and it always makes the most sense when people use terms like TJ, MKIV, E46 (Jeep, Volkswagen, BMW) examples, for instance.

-Jer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That's one hell of a list, nice. Now, if only the noobs would use it.

It'd be nice if there were a series of steps one had to go through when registering here, sort of a gm-trucks.com training session that included this kind of information as well as other things like how to resize and post pictures, etc.

:D

I agree....newbie here, and haven't posted any pics for that reason lol....I suppose I could figure it out eventually, and find the directions, but being as how I am male...directions? what for?

• 2 months later...

Can we maybe add a section for common RPO codes broken out between the 1500 and 2500's (ie. LLY, LB7, LY6,, LML..etc)

I know it could open a can of worms...as there is mixes and matches and option deletes that complicate it...but could help with basic definitions.

just a thought

• 4 weeks later...

I have one that is on a label I made for the side of my hard hat. DILLIGAF. Does It Look Like I Give A F**k. Kinda ironic though. Im a go to guy at the RR. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
That's one hell of a list, nice. Now, if only the noobs would use it.

It'd be nice if there were a series of steps one had to go through when registering here, sort of a gm-trucks.com training session that included this kind of information as well as other things like how to resize and post pictures, etc.

Agreed. This noob, well, actually newb will use it if needed. Just got back from the sandbox over the pond last week, and already have learned much from this forum!